PDA

View Full Version : For Mike: NXT 2.0 or Wolfgang Sealant 3.0?

the_invisible
04-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Gloss and shine aside, because WG wins hands down, which sealant lasts longer, WG Sealant 3.0 or NXT 2.0?

I read that NXT 2.0 has a small amount of polish and cleaner, which makes layering not as effective as a pure sealant. Other than that, which one lasts longer?

Which do you prefer?

Grizzly
04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I would go with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

I have never had a durabilty issue as others have. What I do is apply three coats and wait twelve hours in bewtween coats. I also wash the vehicle every two weeks.

the_invisible
04-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I would go with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

Have you used Wolfgang Sealant 3.0? What do you think about it?

I have both NXT 2.0 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. I am contemplating which to use. I will top both with either Estate Fuzion Wax or a competitor's boutique wax.

While people claim that NXT 2.0 can be layered with itself, but I have also heard that it is not the product for layering due to its slight cleaning properties. How I usually layer NXT 2.0 is to apply the first layer by DA at speed 4, and then do the second layer by hand extremely gently, as to avoid "over-cleaning" the previous layer with the cleaning properties of the product.

What do you think Mike? Which would you use if you must choose one over the other?

Grizzly
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Have you used Wolfgang Sealant 3.0? What do you think about it?

I have both NXT 2.0 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. I am contemplating which to use. I will top both with either Estate Fuzion Wax or a competitor's boutique wax.

While people claim that NXT 2.0 can be layered with itself, but I have also heard that it is not the product for layering due to its slight cleaning properties. How I usually layer NXT 2.0 is to apply the first layer by DA at speed 4, and then do the second layer by hand extremely gently, as to avoid "over-cleaning" the previous layer with the cleaning properties of the product.

What do you think Mike? Which would you use if you must choose one over the other?

I have not used the Wolfgang wax,I just wanted to chime in regarding my experience with NXT.

I see what you are saying regarding the layering issue. But I know the Meguiar's chemists have said that applying two coats leaves behind more protecttion than applying one coat.

I know Meguiars says that two coats are best as well.

Lets see what Mike thinks.

termigator
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
The "slight cleaning properties" that you speak of are chemical. Therefore, whether you're gentle or not, the chemical cleaners will still do their job on the second application. Meguiar's stresses two coats for even coverage, but I do believe that they feel two layers will protect more than just one.

autodromo
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
I have used both. And i like the wolfgang sealant better than NXT. I found that the wolfgang has better durability. The NXT was nice but did not stand up to the test of time, especially in the rain. Some people say that NXT will change the color and make your car look darker. I have not seen that when i have used it, but i own a black car.
WPS 3.0 and fuzion is a great cambo. imo

Lasthope05
04-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Well chemically nxt2.0 has stronger cleaners in it than DGPS 3.0( I have personally tested this) so if you were going to try to layer DGPS 3.0 would be the better choice. I can say so much for durability for either products as I so many waxes that I strip and apply a new LSP every month. You should not have a problem with either though. Both should stand up to the 2-3 month mark no problem. Also if durability was an issue, doing less washes than you normally would and using a booster product would extend its durability. Frequent washes reduces a waxes durability as you are rubbing/removing a small layer every time you touch the paint.

the_invisible
04-03-2010, 02:08 AM
I believe NXT 2.0 has both abrasive and chemical cleaners in it. Chemically, its cleaner has given it the ability to remove tape residue. It also has some very slight abrasive cleaner to allow the permanent removal of very light clear coat scuffing marks, as confirmed by an IPA wipe down. It is the aforementioned cleaning properties that make me question the layerabiity of NXT 2.0.

Don't get me wrong, I think that NXT 2.0 is an acceptable product, due mainly to its filling abilities. I use it exclusively on my daily driver that I don't spend much time polishing. I don't have the time and energy required to rotary polish my daily driver to perfection. I use Ultimate Compound and/or PO203S with the DA to remove visible defects. Any defects that remain or induced by the compound/polishes are simply filled and masked with NXT 2.0.

However, I have never been very satisfied with the durability of NXT 2.0. While NXT 2.0 may be Meguiar's longest lasting LSP, it is probably not the most durable product in the market. For one, I find that two layers of Fuzion Estate wax has longer beading life than two layers of NXT 2.0 under similar washing and weathering conditions.

Truthfully, I am not making any purchasing decisions here. I have both NXT 2.0 and Wolfgang DG 3.0, among other sealants from other competitors. I am just curious as to what Mike Phillips would say regarding the durability of the two sealants. Wolfgang is Autogeek's own line of product, whereas NXT 2.0 is the product of his previous employer.

JasonFong
04-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I vote for NXT 2.0 :dblthumb2:

O.C.Detailing
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I have used both on a fairly regular basis and the Wolfgang not only looks much better but also lasts much longer than the NXT2.0. Here's another thing to add, NXT is very hard to completely remove compared to Wolfgang as it leaves behind an oily residue that smears when wiped.

Use NXT if you don't have access to anything better, but go with Wolfgang if you've got it. I use NXT only on the details where my customers don't want top of the line details. IME, I've never seen NXT perform or look as nice as Wolfgang. Good luck with your decision though.

CEE DOG
04-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Wolfgang over NXT no doubt. Even better get the Ultima PGP and you'll be set.

the_invisible
04-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Awesome replies!!!