PDA

View Full Version : Help with Megs 205

descout
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Hello all

I am applying some 205 with a PC 7424 and a white LC pad. Now I just got done with the 105 and the stuff wiped off very nicely. But with the 205 it does not wipe off very good at all! It seems the wetter stuff comes off real easy but the dried stuff is a pain. Could any one help me? Am I leaving it dry too much? Should I be wiping it while it is still wet a little? Should I work it in less with the polisher? I am working it about the same as the 105, about 6-8 passes, firmer to softer in pressure. I guess the results are fine just really need to wipe to get the product off.

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Hello all

I am applying some 205 with a PC 7424 and a white LC pad. Now I just got done with the 105 and the stuff wiped off very nicely. But with the 205 it does not wipe off very good at all! It seems the wetter stuff comes off real easy but the dried stuff is a pain. Could any one help me? Am I leaving it dry too much? Should I be wiping it while it is still wet a little? Should I work it in less with the polisher? I am working it about the same as the 105, about 6-8 passes, firmer to softer in pressure. I guess the results are fine just really need to wipe to get the product off.

Actually 205 should be easier to wipe off. Sounds like you are working it till it is dry.

descout
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Actually 205 should be easier to wipe off. Sounds like you are working it till it is dry.

Yeah I think that it warmed up a bit since I applied the 105 so I found that if I worked it in smaller areas I could get it before it dried. I found that as soon as the 205 turned its glossy appearance on the paint that I should stop and wipe it off then. Worked great then.