PDA

View Full Version : XMT sealant question before order

AfireINSIDE
10-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok before I place my order on the xmt kit light swirl kit I want to know what sealant is good. I want to be able to protect my cars for the winter with 2 coats right now then in spring and summer use glaze/carnuba layers every month or so for the wet look/ protection. DP sealant looks good but I dont have the 12-24 hrs of set time now that its cold here in MI, how about Klasse high gloss selant? http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss1.html it says 8-12 hrs thats more do-able for me. pb ex-p, pb nattys for wax? Any other ideas?

articsilber323
10-21-2006, 08:54 PM
i would use dp new sealent

i have used this and love it o easy to put on and even easier to remove

just dont use the xmt glaze under a sealent becuse xmt glaze contains carnuba in it and the sealent will not adhear properly to that

-z

aceshigh73
10-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Is the set time issue just for it curing? or is it to put on another quick layer ? If its the 2nd layer, then you are stuck with that time constraint with just about any sealant except maybe Zaino.
If its just DP's recommendation to let it set and not get wet, etc. I think PB's EX-P doesnt have to "set" afterwards... (could be wrong, but I dont remember reading that). You do however have to wait for it to cure like all sealants like I said above.

ryandamartini
10-21-2006, 09:12 PM
for maximum protection for winter look at Collinite 845. I dont think there is a more durable wax around.

supercharged
10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
For maximum durability, 2 coats of Klasse SG (12 hours apart) is strongly recommended. Then top it off with carnauba wax of your choice. I heard that Collinite waxes are pretty durable, and so is Meguiar's #16, but willnot make you car look like Pinnacle waxes, and maybe be pain in a butt to apply/remove.

AfireINSIDE
10-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I can have the car inside the fire station from 7pm to 7 am the next morning so 12 hours then It will have to go outside when I go home at 8am. This is the limitation I have, the car will probly hit the cold air and then condensate like a mother! I was thinking Klasse w/ carnuba wax topper, or just get the DP kit that has polishes and their new sealant with carnuba topper. I am trying to look at all the diffrent options! thanks so far!