PDA

View Full Version : You got to be kidding me!

A4 1.8tqm
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
AHHHHHH!

I just spent forever typing a write-up "Sanding by Hand vs Pneumatic palm sander (long post)." Complete with links and references, long descriptions of pics and processes and thanks for advice on this and that. I had a note pad open which I typed it all in, then copy/paste into create new thread to preview the post as I edited the huge write-up. Of course I didn't save it :doh:

Then my lap top says do you want to save your open internet tabs? then immediately closes. Do you want to save untitled note pad? then immediately closes. The computer shuts down and now its all gone!

I'll take some advice from Mike P. and "push away from the keyboard" I'll be doing more work with the pneumatic palm sander today anyway and will re-do the write-up later.

Here's a link to the pics in my photobucket if anyone wants to browse in the mean time, comments welcome. Pneumatic Damp sanding pictures by dave22234 - Photobucket (http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/ii437/dave22234/BMW/Pneumatic%20Damp%20sanding/?start=all)

:awman:

jjkacz
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
That stinks!! I think it has happend to all of us. I have learned to click 'save' often...

Hemin8r
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Awe man I know the feeling. Then trying to remember what you last wrote is frustrating as well. Hope it goes smooth the second time around.

RaskyR1
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I've had that happen to me before too switching between window tabs or opening a new tab and then I accidentally hit the X to close it. :(

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
That sucks....

Save early and often!:xyxthumbs:

fancyfootwork
03-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Generally if you use Microsoft Word instead of Notepad, if your computer crashes it will save it as a draft so you don't lose your work. Also, thats good advice from Deep Gloss, save early and often!

CEE DOG
03-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Man! I'm sorry that happened. One time I wrote an entire review up and when I hit submit it timed out!!!!! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I feel your pain. I ended up re-writing the whole thing. I certainly couldn't remember some of the things I wrote so other then the facts I re-wrote the wrest for the most part from scratch. Don't know if it ended up better or worse then the original draft... I always keep a saved draft now as well.

Mike Phillips
03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Arghh.....

I hate it when that happens!

It's so easy to work inside vBulletin and just start typing and then make one little mistake by pushing on the wrong key on the keyboard or click on something with the mouse and lose everything....

I feel your pain -Bill Clinton

I feel your paint -Mike Phillips

:laughing:

A4 1.8tqm
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks guy's, I'm redoing the write up right now while I wait for my buddy to arrive. The worst part is that I'm usually an avid user of ctrl-s in everything I do on a computer.

LOL too funny :props:

Racin10s
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Arghh.....

I hate it when that happens!

It's so easy to work inside vBulletin and just start typing and then make one little mistake by pushing on the wrong key on the keyboard or click on something with the mouse and lose everything....

:urtheman: that was just too funny :D