PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Black Hole / Duragloss question

swampwader
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Hello all,
Planning to detail wife's black SAAB over the weekend and have a couple questions re sequence of products to use. My typical detail is clay bar, Black Hole, Poorboys EX, followed up by a topcoat of Collinite 476 (live on dirt road in Michigan - need something durable!)
I have some Duragloss (501, 601, 105, 101) on hand and would like to give it a shot on her car. My thinking is that I should probably clay bar, Black Hole, 501 (PC white pad or by hand?) 601 (by hand) and then 105 (by hand) Does this sound reasonable? Will the 501 remove the Black Hole? Is this the proper sequence for products used?
Thanks to all in advance.

Racin10s
03-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Here is the order that I would use... 501, 601, leave the 601 on and then put on 105 and wipe off. Then use the glaze and top with collinite. You will remove the bh if you use it before any of the DG products you list above.

For winters here in NY, I use the 601,105, collinite. And then top all that with AW. Bullet proof system and last all winter easy. You will be happy with the results.

christian900se
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
If you are going to use 501, Black Hole is not neccessary or worthwhile to use. Also, Black Hole has chemical cleaners that will strip any protection underneath it when you apply it so you should only apply BH before you apply your sealant or wax.

I would recommend using Black Hole topped with DG105 and then DG101 or Black Hole topped with Collinite or the full DG line excluding Poorboy's and Collinite. Any of those three combinations will easily see you 6 months of protection easy.

Racin10s
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
If you are going to use 501, Black Hole is not neccessary or worthwhile to use. Also, Black Hole has chemical cleaners that will strip any protection underneath it when you apply it so you should only apply BH before you apply your sealant or wax.

I would recommend using Black Hole topped with DG105 and then DG101 or Black Hole topped with Collinite or the full DG line excluding Poorboy's and Collinite. Any of those three combinations will easily see you 6 months of protection easy.

105 is a chemical cleaner... It will remove BH in the same way.

swampwader
03-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks Racin10 and Christian. I appreciate the suggestions. Hoping the weather holds and we see 70's this weekend. Thanks again.