PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Microfiber and Teri Cloth bonnets?

trencher7
03-30-2010, 08:18 AM
When I bought my PCXP here I also got the bonnet kit that came with a few microfiber bonnets. I also have a few teri cloth bonnets as well. Are these only for product removal or does anyone use these for any kind of application? Back in the day when I had my orbital buffer I used a teri bonnet to apply wax. Now that I have a variety of pads is there any situation where microfiber or teri would be used to apply a wax or polish over a pad?

Mike Phillips
03-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Off hand I don't know anyone that uses bonnets over pads to apply products but you could if you wanted to, just make sure nothing abrasive gets trapped in the weave of fibers of the fabric.

:)

Fly bye
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I use bonnets as a last step to refine the finish. I like to remove polish/wax by hand with MF towels, and then use a bonnet as a last step.

I don't use bonnets for initial removal of product, cause I like to keep what few bonnets I have in good shape to perfect the finish at the very end.

I have some real nice MF bonnets, & I'm too cheap (not in the budget at this time) to buy more. You could spray some distilled water, or a mixture of instant detailer & distilled water (the mixture makes the instant detailer go farther) to provide lubrication if needed, and/or keep the heat down so as not to remove any wax that has just been laid down.