PDA

View Full Version : Help Black Car

FASTFRED
10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi all,
I have an '06 Mustang GT, black. I clayed 2 weeks ago the used Klasse AIO followed by 4 star UPP. I bought Pinnicle A.S.R. to use with my PC 7336 usiing a 4" orange pad. I have used the Pc before using Zaino ZPC on a nother car so I do have some expience witha pc. I am working mostly out doors in the shade. I washed and dried the car first then I started on the hood of my Mustang with ASR at speed 3 to work it into the paint then went up to 5 untill thr ASR hazed. In the shade the hood looked deep and shinny but after pulling it into the sun I can still see somme swirls and one side looked cloudy. I am fustrated with this . What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Fred :)

redg35
10-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi all,
I have an '06 Mustang GT, black. I clayed 2 weeks ago the used Klasse AIO followed by 4 star UPP. I bought Pinnicle A.S.R. to use with my PC 7336 usiing a 4" orange pad. I have used the Pc before using Zaino ZPC on a nother car so I do have some expience witha pc. I am working mostly out doors in the shade. I washed and dried the car first then I started on the hood of my Mustang with ASR at speed 3 to work it into the paint then went up to 5 untill thr ASR hazed. In the shade the hood looked deep and shinny but after pulling it into the sun I can still see somme swirls and one side looked cloudy. I am fustrated with this . What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Fred :)you might have to go at it with more then 1 pass to get all the swirls out.and you may need a finer polish after the asr to get the haze out.

Jdm
10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah i have had the same problem befor. for the swirls you just need a finer polish and a glaze will help cover them up and the haze could be from having the polisher on to high of a speed or just not worked enough. either way with black you are always going to see some swirls cause it sucks in all the light

sparkie
10-21-2006, 03:35 PM
I always start out with XMT2, see how it dose with an cutting pad, two passes. If that don't get it, XMT3 or Megs #83 DACP. Before I call 1-800-new-paint, (I don't think you have that problem) I have used Megs #4, Poorboys SSR3, Optimum Compound. I've never used a 4 inch pad, I don't know if that is the problem. I find that Megs has more dust then other.

FloridaNative
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
:iagree: You need to step down with a finishing polish. work it about 5 minutes and you should be fine. :) Good luck.

articsilber323
10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
:iagree: You need to step down with a finishing polish. work it about 5 minutes and you should be fine. :) Good luck.

+1 thats what i would try next, if you have xmt1 with a polishing pad

if that dosent work i would come back with xmt 2 with a light cutting pad(orange LC) then go back over with the xmt1 anda polishing pad (white pad LC)

FASTFRED
10-21-2006, 07:52 PM
+1 thats what i would try next, if you have xmt1 with a polishing pad

if that dosent work i would come back with xmt 2 with a light cutting pad(orange LC) then go back over with the xmt1 anda polishing pad (white pad LC)
I don't have xmt, just Pinnicle ASR. I did make some more passes but did littlle. I am going to follow up with Pinnicle Afp then Souveran paste. I here the wax is the sh*t for black cars.

Fred:cheers:

articsilber323
10-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't have xmt, just Pinnicle ASR. I did make some more passes but did littlle. I am going to follow up with Pinnicle Afp then Souveran paste. I here the wax is the sh*t for black cars.

sorry about that

i read your post then came back like 20 min later to reply must have gotten comfused with another post

if you have any other less agrisive swirl remover i would use that with a white pad
so you can get rid of the haze caused by the more agressive swirl remover

-z

supercharged
10-21-2006, 09:47 PM
To remove defects you will need to step down to a finishing polish. Poorboy's SSR1 or XMT1 perhaps. Work finishing polish on white pad.
Also remember that black cars will benefit from an additional step of work, called "jeweling". It basically means after you remove defects with white pad/finishing polish, work work your paint with finishing polish again, but on finishing pad, on grey pad. This should be very beneficial for black cars, although it will consume some time.

Hope this helps.

Surfer
10-21-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't think anybody else mentioned this but your using a 4" pad for polishing on black, orange at that? That's deffinitley going to leave hazing. Quite a difference between a 4" and 6" pad for the PC. Get some larger pads, i.e use orange and follow up with a blue etc. I have custom 4" orange and blue pads from Edge and only used them for spot buffing certain areas, not the whole vehicle.

blkyukon
10-21-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't think anybody else mentioned this but your using a 4" pad for polishing on black, orange at that? That's deffinitley going to leave hazing. Quite a difference between a 4" and 6" pad for the PC. Get some larger pads, i.e use orange and follow up with a blue etc. I have custom 4" orange and blue pads from Edge and only used them for spot buffing certain areas, not the whole vehicle.

:iagree: Most likely you'll leave some degree of hazing on black even with a 6" orange pad...Like everyone says step it down with a polishing pad and finishing polish and you'll be fine.:cheers:

FASTFRED
10-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks everyone for their valuable input. I will step down in pad and also try XMT 1.

Fred :cheers:

FloridaNative
10-23-2006, 08:36 AM
If you're getting the XMT I encourage you try the carnauba finishing glaze as well for your jeweling stage when you finally put that Souveran on you will be amazed! :)

FASTFRED
10-23-2006, 09:08 AM
If you're getting the XMT I encourage you try the carnauba finishing glaze as well for your jeweling stage when you finally put that Souveran on you will be amazed! :)
Thanks Florida Native ,
what speed do you reccomend for XMT 1 ? I have a PC 7336.