PDA

View Full Version : Which is more aggressive: UC or SIP/PO203S?

the_invisible
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Which is more aggressive if used with the PCXP and orange pad on non-ceramic clear coat paint? I have both, but I have never, nor could I, compare the two side by side to determine which is more aggressive.

I need to order some mid-high aggressive polish. I think Ultimate Compound used with the DA gives acceptable correction power. Acceptable, but nothing dramatic. I want to use something more expensive and can be used with the rotary. I don't like the way UC behaves on some paint. UC seems to behave very differently on different types of paints.

I understand that one is SMAT and the other is Diminishing Abrasive, but subjectively speaking, which is more aggressive generally speaking from YOUR experience? UC or SIP/PO203S?

Matt S.
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Compound cuts more, hands-down.

Mike Phillips
03-29-2010, 04:28 PM
If you want something more aggressive than Ultimate Compound for times when you really want some cutting power get a bottle of XMT #4, this stuff is like sand in a bottle yet the swirls it leaves behind buff out fairly easy. One thing for sure, it cuts very fast.

As for your question, Topcoat Hardness is such a huge factor when it comes to removing defects out of paint and a variable that's going to be wildly different among many of the cars you work on.

M105 is rated at removing #1200 Grit Sanding marks out of FRESH paint, (don't want any one to miss the word FRESH as this product is targeted at "Body Shops" , not enthusiasts.

UC is less aggressive but still pretty aggressive in context of products available for removing below surface defects.

Here's the Menzerna Chart with a reference for what each product can remove as far at grit range of sanding marks.

Menzerna-Chart
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/menzernachart.jpg