PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax

tuscarora dave
03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I recieved a 4 oz. sample of Optimum Car Wax from AG. It is "the spray wax that outlasts and outshines most paste waxes" My question is can this product be applied right over an existing coat of wax such as liquid Souveran (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html) or should the paint be stripped and polished first for best results?

P.S. The paint is in good polished condition.

Garry Dean
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, you can apply it on a freshly waxed vehicle. Using it as a "topper" is fine.

tuscarora dave
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes, you can apply it on a freshly waxed vehicle. Using it as a "topper" is fine.
Thanks for the speedy reply. The car don't need it but you know how "we" can be.

C. Charles Hahn
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply. The car don't need it but you know how "we" can be.

Yeah... I'm sure you could refrain from adding a topper coat of OCW, but once that Jack gets an idea there's no stopping or turning back! :laughing:

TLMitchell
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I recieved a 4 oz. sample of Optimum Car Wax from AG. It is "the spray wax that outlasts and outshines most paste waxes" My question is can this product be applied right over an existing coat of wax such as liquid Souveran (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html) or should the paint be stripped and polished first for best results?

P.S. The paint is in good polished condition.

I got 4 oz the other day also. I was just going to do the hood but things got out of control and the whole truck was done 20 minutes later. Nice stuff!

It rained overnight while I was at work and the beading is as insane as anything I've used. I drove home in the rain and after the vehicle dried in the garage there was very little dirt to be seen on a white finish. 845 is the only other LSP I've used that does that. We'll see how the OCW lasts.

TL

Fly bye
03-30-2010, 09:29 AM
I have a gallon of this stuff :xyxthumbs:

:buffing:

mingraygt
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Fly bye;304943]

I have a gallon of this stuff :xyxthumbs:

:buffing:

Me too! It last's for quite awhile.

snowking724
03-30-2010, 09:21 PM
sorry to hijack but when you say freshly waxed do mean without cure time?

tuscarora dave
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
sorry to hijack but when you say freshly waxed do mean without cure time?
no, like waxed 2 days ago. I have refrained from touching it because it's been raining for a few days now and the phone's been ringing so now I am too busy to play around with it anyway. Literally saved by the bell.