PDA

View Full Version : Side mirror Glass

import_killer
03-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I've searched this subject and really have found nothing but for typical glass care, windshields etc. I have a real problem with side mirrors. I haven't been in a car yet that you cant see those swirls and spiderweb look marks in the side mirrors every time you look into them. I haven't seen much talk about correcting this, I am very new to the forums and don't do this for a living more for a hobby. But that's one of the most annoying spots for me. I know side mirror glass is very easy to scratch and I've always taken care of mine with the best of my abilities but I still see them. Has anybody attempted or even corrected this issue I'm talking about. I hope I didn't miss a thread in my search but I didn't seem to find much.

Thanks

GG4411
03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I would be very interested to see what everyone has to say, as I have some smudges on my mirror that refuse to come out with stoner's products and a microfiber.

2011wahoo
03-29-2010, 11:51 PM
A mirror is nothing but a piece of glass with, in most cases, a layer of tin and silver bonded to the back, therefore treat it the same way you do the rest of the glass on your vehicle. Using the Griots 3in DA makes this a breeze on side mirrors but you can do it by hand. Order some Meguiars #4 and get a LC 4in. orange flat pad. Work the product on the mirror with the pad in a vigorous motion, you will not scratch the glass as the glass is much harder than anything in #4 or the pad. Any water spots and minor imperfections should come out. Diamondite makes a kit as well but I find this method provides unbeatable results. Good Luck.

import_killer
04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the response. Makes sense. I'll give it a shot on my brothers abused silverado mirrors first. My next order will include some of the products you mentioned. I really need to pick up that 3' griots.