PDA

View Full Version : EX-P x2

alban61
10-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Removed the XMT Glaze and PB Natty's last weekend. Used the AW 50/50 I've read about here. Put on 1st coat of EX-P and buffed off after 2 hrs. Today I washed with DP 4-in-1 and then laid another coat of EX-P. This time I let it set for 1 hr before buffing. It was easy to buff off with the Cobra Indigo MF. Either tomorrow or next weekend, I'll top it off with Natty's, since I heard that sealant doesn't handle "bird poop" too well.
EX-P give it more of a glossy look than the wet look of carnauba. Guess the Natty's will tone down that gloss. Haven't used a sealant till now. I kinda like the glossy look on my light colored SUV. Here are some pics.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/alban61/DSCF0001.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/alban61/DSCF0003.jpg

sparkie
10-21-2006, 03:19 PM
NICE! Keep us updated. I just got some AW, going to play with it some time this week.

You said, you heard that sealant doesn't handle "bird poop" too well. I disagree with that. Klasse or Liquis Glass sealants will hold up better then wax IMO. But, most of the time I top sealants with wax.

FloridaNative
10-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Pics look great! I love the window reflection. :) :applause:

articsilber323
10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
looks great

i like the first pic realy shows off the shine a lot

how did you apply the ex-p

-z

wytstang
10-21-2006, 04:34 PM
NICE! Keep us updated. I just got some AW, going to play with it some time this week.

You said, you heard that sealant doesn't handle "bird poop" too well. I disagree with that. Klasse or Liquis Glass sealants will hold up better then wax IMO. But, most of the time I top sealants with wax.
I've read the same thing over on autopia, actually it was a couple of pages saying the same thing. Sealants don't do as good a job at prtecting from bird bombs then a quality carnuba (#16, collite). SUV looks great

XterraOverload
10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!1 Nice tires too I want those BFG's AT's

alban61
10-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys!! Just got back from dinner with my wife. We went to El Serrano's. We're celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. So what am I doing on AG? Well, too stuffed right now for any errr.....fun!! :D

Sparkie

I just got some AW, going to play with it some time this week.
I meant Alcohol/Water 50/50. I guess you thought AquaWax. Sorry, guess I better watch the way I use those abbreviations. But I'd like to know what you think of AquaWax when you use it. The prices on AW, as well as Flitz Speed Wax, and Collonite are pretty good. So many new waxes and only 2 vehicles, and only 1 job!! :)

Articsilber

how did you apply the ex-p I used a MF applicator pad. It was a breeze to apply and buff off 1-2 hrs later.

Reddwarf
10-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Looks great! I like the glossy look.

"...too stuff right now for any errr.....fun!!". It sucks getting old doesn't it? LOL

supercharged
10-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Looks great! Makes me wanna try my EX-P, which been sitting on a shelf for a while.

sparkie
10-22-2006, 06:41 AM
I've read the same thing over on autopia, actually it was a couple of pages saying the same thing. Sealants don't do as good a job at prtecting from bird bombs then a quality carnuba (#16, collite). SUV looks great

wytstang, I was comparing bird poop to brake dusts. I've use wax on my wheels and a week later brake dusts would still stick to my wheels. When using Klasse twins, it had less dust and plane water will wash most of the dust off. I have had bird poop on the wife's Explorer, whip off with QD. I've use Klasse twins, and or Liquid Glass top with wax. Like I said the bird poop comes right off, don't know if its the wax or sealant! I know some of the cars I detail that come back for a wash are easier to clean, because of the sealants I've use before hand. Waxes just don't hold up like sealants.

Hopefully someone here can chime in that only uses sealants not top with wax, which has run into this.
wytstang, thanks for the info on autopia. I need to check it out.

Kelso
10-22-2006, 10:33 AM
um carnaunba is not good to keep brake dust away at all, just FYI
and your right that waxes dont hold up as well and dont last long at all but they are supposed to protect from the bombs better than sealants, i cant verify that though

alban61
10-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Could I also use EX-P as a sealant for my wheels? I know of AIO being used.

sparkie
10-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Could I also use EX-P as a sealant for my wheels? I know of AIO being used.
I don't see why not!

Surfer
10-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Could I also use EX-P as a sealant for my wheels? I know of AIO being used.Sure, but pick up some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant if you can, it last pretty damn well on wheels. AIO and DP last maybe a month at the most, I tried some friends PB Wheel Sealant and it's been over a month and the wheels have no waterspots or anything. Dirt just washes right off, before I just used AIO which worked but PB Wheel Sealant is awsome. EX-P should still work well too. My next order from AG I'm picking up PB Wheel Sealant after trying it.

alban61
10-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys for the quick replies!!
And Reddwarf, it does suck getting old!! :) Knees and back aren't what they used to be. Sometimes I sit on a crate to do the wheels instead of squatting, because the thighs start burning. LOL At least I'm outdoors doing stuff instead of sitting on my butt watching TV all weekend. Got a "farmers tan" though. :D