PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Autogeek App

fancyfootwork
03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Well i'm not sure if this was mentioned at all yet but when I was using the Autogeek iPhone app I noticed there are no navigation buttons. So for example when I click Forum>Show N' Shine>"2009 Subaru" (or whichever thread).. I cant just simply click "back" to get to the Show N' Shine thread. I have to redo the entire process of Forum>Show N' Shine> "whichever topic" again.

Now this wouldn't normally bother me but since it is the iPhone it is dramatically slower then a PC. Also when i'm going through pages and pages of threads its hard to re-navigate to them.

If anyone knows if theirs an update for this sent to Apple that would be cool to know. Other than that, the PC works just fine for me. Just nice to be able to check on the fly when i'm on the road and have a craving to see some fresh paint! :xyxthumbs:

rwright
03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Wait until you try the store in the app, almost impossible because it loads like it would on the pc.

fancyfootwork
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Well that has to be a huge pain.

Dubbin1
03-27-2010, 06:47 PM
AG needs a mobile site (forums shouldn't be hard to do) and an app for the Blackberry ;)

C. Charles Hahn
03-27-2010, 08:10 PM
AG needs a mobile site (forums shouldn't be hard to do) and an app for the Blackberry ;)

AG should just use Tapatalk like Detail City is doing; it's a VERY cool app.

Jason
03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
We have also join the tapatalk app, so you can via AGO using tapatalk.

Dubbin1
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM

IMHO tapatalk is a pain and slow, a mobile version of the forums would be so much better.

C. Charles Hahn
03-29-2010, 10:36 AM

Oh? I guess I hadn't seen you guys in the list! I'll have to check it out :xyxthumbs:

Rye
03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree that the iphone/ipod touch app needs a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the features like "Videos" & "How-To's", but the "Shop" & "Forum" sections are just useless. It is easier to browse those sections using Safari (apple's web brower). I am hoping an update will come soon.

I have not tried Tapatalk yet. I will check that out now.