PDA

View Full Version : New Tires

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/11-5-09_042.jpg

Got the deal of a lifetime on a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's brand new out of Detroit that I am going to stick on the daily driver. (Guess they dont need alot of Summer Only Performance Tires there).

How come I cannot think about stopping for a minute and adding a coat or two of Optibond to them ??? Wife says I am addicted ... and unfortunately so do the neighbors !

daveinsweethome
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
check out the wear rating of those puppies. i had a set on a e55 and loved them

trhland
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM
i bought a set of new tires for my truck a month ago . and nothing better then applying dressing to a new tire!!! looks great

jpegs13
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey, they have retirement communities, golf communities and even airplane communities, maybe somebody should build a car freak community. This way when the neighbor walks the dog you don't have to listen to " You're washing that thing AGAIN?"

Nappers
03-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Hey, they have retirement communities, golf communities and even airplane communities, maybe somebody should build a car freak community. This way when the neighbor walks the dog you don't have to listen to " You're washing that thing AGAIN?"

That would be cool!

Have your own place with a cover, water spigot, power outlets etc etc!

Nice on the tires!

My wife says I'm addicted, but she don't mind at all, her car is clean all the time!

forrest@mothers
03-25-2010, 07:43 AM
My MazdaSpeed6 came with RE050A's. They were about useless in the wet.

Put new wheels and Toyo Proxes T1S on it, and they were quieter and rode better. Better in the wet, too.

richy
03-25-2010, 08:19 AM

Oh, ya, I can see it now. Everyone with a heated/air conditioned garage with a sloping floor with a drain, hot and cold running water, CR spotless system built in and a built in stereo. And not to forget killer lighting.

Oh...congrats on the tires, Killr..didn't mean to hijack the thread.

DLB
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Congrats on the tires. They really change your driving experience when you know you can dig into a corner and not have to worry about sticking.

As far as wet weather tires - it's going to be hard to convince me there is a better tire than the Michelin Hydro-Edge's. They are excellent in the rain!

DLB

Fly bye
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
My MazdaSpeed6 came with RE050A's. They were about useless in the wet.

The S-02's are useless in adverse conditions such as standing water. Speeds above 65-70 mph, & you're playing with fire.

Fly bye
03-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Got the deal of a lifetime

Can you hook a brotha up?

tcollins33
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
I've heard those tires aren't the best in heavy rain, but they are sticky as heck in the dry. For wet performance, I recommend either the Toyo Proxes T1-R (replaced the T1-S) or the Hankook Ventus Evo V12. Both are excellent in heavy rain (I've used both at rainy track days), they are quiet and they wear extremely well.

Matt S.
03-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Any more available?

daveinsweethome
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
just found out that the person who bought my old e55 with the tires dodged two deer and introduced himself to a tree. guess they do suck in the rain. but they wearforever. ha ha. hes ok but 14k in repairs. i use dedicated winter tires always.

ScottB
03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Can you hook a brotha up?

Any more available?

I typed the size into Ebay .... saw a post from a tire dealer in Detroit offering them in sets of 1/2/4. I low balled for less than what they were asking , which was 1/2 the price of TireRack, and they took it shipped. Lets just say I paid less than most touring tires. Needless to say I was holding my breath, but with over 300 positives and no negatives I felt it worth the chance.

jjkacz
03-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Are those going on the Aura XR? They are going to be way better than the OE Goodyears!!