PDA

View Full Version : Would you top XMT Glaze?

Grimm
10-20-2006, 07:44 AM
I just got some XMT Glaze yesterday (thanks again Meghan!!), and I'm wondering if you guys top it, and if so, with what? I thought I would top it with Nattys Blue which I already have. I'll be testing it out on the red Cutlass in my signature.

aceshigh73
10-20-2006, 08:05 AM
I think you have to top a glaze.. there's no durability....

FloridaNative
10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes a glaze needs to be topped. It has oils and fillers to beautify the paint's surface and minimize the apperance of swirls while amping the shine, but iit will not last on it's own. I think the XMT finishing glaze and Souveran are a match made in heaven. On detail I just did of the black VW bug I used that combination. :)

redg35
10-20-2006, 08:50 AM
i topped it with nattys blue and it looks awesome on my red g.

JeffW
10-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I am planning on using it, as well as all the other XMT products, this weekend and am also wondering what to top with. Most likely Natty's Blue, however, it's rumored that you can top with some sealants, like WG or BF, without effecting the durability. If I can get some positive feedback on putting one of these sealants on top, I may have to try it...

Grimm
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Maybe I'll throw a sealant in there as well to see how it works out: Glaze, then EX-P, then Nattys Blue.

wytstang
10-20-2006, 11:48 AM
You could do that combo just keep in mind that most selant will not bond well over glazes. PB and UPP seem to be an excetion to the rule.

FloridaNative
10-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't top XMT finishing glaze with a sealant. It contains carnauba and the sealant wouldn't be able to bond properly. If you're using the XMT glaze stick with a carnauba wax for your LSP. :)

abrcrombe
10-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't top XMT finishing glaze with a sealant. It contains carnauba and the sealant wouldn't be able to bond properly. If you're using the XMT glaze stick with a carnauba wax for your LSP. :)

Definitely, you kind of have to pick. do you want great looks (glaze + wax) or durability (sealant). Winter time and since you are in Michigan, I would pick durability for now.

joe.p
10-20-2006, 06:09 PM
. PB and UPP seem to be an excetion to the rule.UPP is a sealnt ...it can be toppd with a wax after the sealant has cured. I have an old pic of UPP/NB on my Buick at the time it was the best combo for my paint IMHO..

wystang you are correct ..sealants dont bond to glazes due to the oils in the glaze..I think WGs Glaze and sealant may be the exception.. Is this correct with WGs package?

BILL
10-20-2006, 07:19 PM
UPP is a sealnt ...it can be toppd with a wax after the sealant has cured. I have an old pic of UPP/NB on my Buick at the time it was the best combo for my paint IMHO..

wystang you are correct ..sealants dont bond to glazes due to the oils in the glaze..I think WGs Glaze and sealant may be the exception.. Is this correct with WGs package?

Also F.K'S 216 poly wipe FX sealer glaze;)

Grimm
10-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Definitely, you kind of have to pick. do you want great looks (glaze + wax) or durability (sealant). Winter time and since you are in Michigan, I would pick durability for now.

This is the convertible in my signature. It won't sniff any snow (well it will when the garage door is open), so durability is not a concern.

dengood1
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Hmmm? Why would you have to top the XMT Glaze if it contains carnauba? It may be less percentage of carnauba than Natty's, Souveran, or any other carnauba, but it is a carnauba! I'm a little confused. Why would XMT even contain carnauba if you had to top it anyhow? Info obtained from www.autogeek.net:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1918_39854440 (javascript:changeImg('imgmainimg0',imgmainimg0lar ge,document.getElementById('imgplaceholder'));)
Enhance your vehicle with a gentle, high gloss glaze and genuine carnauba protection!

As detailers, we all want that flawless, show car shine, and now we can have it in less time. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze is a sophisticated blend of gentle cleaners and rich carnauba wax. The combination is scintillating on any paint finish. You will see depths and hues in your paint that you never knew existed. It’s your paint finish, amplified.

Vibrant. That comes just short of explaining the kind of shine we’re talking about. What makes the outcome of Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze so special is the simplicity of achieving it. Exceptional blending technology was used to combine a dynamic shine-enhancing glaze with the king of all natural waxes. The result is pure magic on any paint color.

A glaze is unlike a finishing polish in the fact that glazes do not contain abrasives. They may contain cleaners, like this one, but primarily they serve as a moisturizer for the paint. Some detailers regard glaze as an optional step and you can tell who they are by their vehicles. Don’t believe it. An exceptional glaze, such as XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze, is essential to achieving the kind of head-turning shine we’re all after.

Try Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze as the finale of your compounding process or, if your paint is already in great shape, use it after washing. Applied with your dual action or rotary polisher, the gentle cleaners blend away minor flaws - like spider webbing, haziness, and overall dullness – to increase depth and clarity. At the same time, a layer of carnauba bonds to the paint surface to further enhance the dynamic shine created by the glaze. What can’t be removed with the cleaners is filled in with carnauba to create a smooth, flawless finish. It’s perfection and protection in one!

All XMT Series products were formulated in sunny South Florida, the home of Pinnacle Natural Brilliance. Intense heat and humidity are constant challenges here. That’s why all XMT products were created to work as promised in the sun or shade.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/XMTMOVIE.gifPinnacle is dedicated to preserving your vehicle and the environment. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Polish is VOC compliant and silicone-free.

Apply Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze using a foam finishing pad. You only need approximately a quarter size amount per 2 ft. section. For easy application, mist the pad with XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner. Work the glaze in at a speed no greater than 5500 OPM on your DA polisher. When the glaze begins to dry or disappear, turn the machine off. Buff off residues with a Cobra microfiber towel.

You can follow with more carnauba to increase the shine or call it a day. XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze is so effective; no one will ever know you obtained those results from a one step product.

Pinnacle XMT Series is a line of products designed to work with the unique motion of a dual action polisher. XMT polishes have a longer working time than many polishes on the market due to the exceptional blend of lubricants and paint conditioners. For the best results, apply XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze with a dual action polisher.

Your paint will appear vibrant, glossy and silky smooth after an application of XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze. Think of it as a moisturizer for tired, lifeless paint. Bring back its energy and gloss in just one application.

FloridaNative
10-21-2006, 03:14 AM
Glaze is one of those words that is not clearly defined. Some glazes have oils and fillers, some glazes are cleaners, some glazes act as finishing polishes. Whether it can be topped with a sealant or not depends on which type of glaze you are using.

As for the XMT finishing glaze, it does contain carnauba and therefore should not be topped with a sealant for bonding reasons. Although it contains carnauba I would not consider it an LSP perse. It offers protection to be sure, but how long I don't know. I would top with a wax to be seal in the looks of the glaze as well as to offer longevity of protection. Just my 2 cents.

DrMike
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I did XMT 2 then 1 on my car followed by XMT carnuba glaze then S100. Can I do another coat of glaze and another coat of s100 or is it too late and I can only do more coats of s100?