PDA

View Full Version : Best way to apply leather cleaner?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2010, 04:17 PM
If you're using a spray formula(just cleaner, not conditioner), do you spray it directly on the leather then agitate, or spray onto an applicator then rub the leather? Of course, follow with a damp cloth to remove the dirt.

Drdave
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I spray it on the leather then use a brush

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I spray it on the leather then use a brush
That seems the best to way deep clean, but I read somewhere that you don't want to spray the cleaner directly onto the leather because you will saturate it. :dunno:

Drdave
03-23-2010, 04:36 PM
That seems the best to way deep clean, but I read somewhere that you don't want to spray the cleaner directly onto the leather because you will saturate it. :dunno:

I've never had any problems applying it that way. It would depend on how soiled the leather was. You need to be able to get enough of the product on the leather to do a proper cleaning. If you did want to use an applicator i would suggest pure foam over microfiber, but you still have to get enough of it onto the leather for it to be effective.

ScottB
03-23-2010, 05:21 PM
you dont wanna spray anything if you have the small pin holes in leather or they will get clogged and discolor.

Drdave
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
you dont wanna spray anything if you have the small pin holes in leather or they will get clogged and discolor.

My response to him was more of a general answer. His question wasnt detailed enough to give a more detailed answer. The quality of the leather would also change the approach on how to best clean it.

Grizzly
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
with a sock

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Good reminder. Thanks. :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
His question wasnt detailed enough to give a more detailed answer.
I agree.

kronos
03-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I spray it on a microfiber and spread. If I want more saturation, I saturate the applicator more. Microfiber applicators have better cleaning capability compared to foam.

Drdave
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
I spray it on a microfiber and spread. If I want more saturation, I saturate the applicator more. Microfiber applicators have better cleaning capability compared to foam.

Making the suggestion to use foam over microfiber had to do with getting more product onto the leather. You loose more product into the microfiber applicator then you would with the foam. The applicator itself isnt really for the cleaning process. Depending on the type of leather and situation a lather safe brush is used for agitation/cleaning.