PDA

View Full Version : Wet sanded door and Fender

LITUNDRA
03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Well the weather finally broke and warmed up enough for me to wet sand the orange peel that was on the rear door and fender where a "professional" body shop re-sprayed a few months ago. I had brought the truck back to them and they were suppose to fix it but they didn't so I decided to do it myself. I washed the area and then hand sanded the area starting with 1500 grit then went to 2500 and finished with 3000. I then used a wool pad with the new mothers heavy duty rubbing compound (which is awesome) and then polished the area using menzerna po 83 using a white pad and then followed that with menzerna po 85u using a gray pad I finished up by applying wolfgang 3.0 deep gloss sealant. I ran out of time so when the weather gets nice again I will finish polishing the rest of the truck and then wax it. This pic was of just the rear door after I wet sanded it and compounded it using the mothers compound sorry about the pic of was from my phone. I will post more pics when the weather gets nicer its been raining on and off all day.

the_invisible
03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Looks cool dude. I really enjoyed wetsanding as well. It was a fun and rewarding process. But looking back at the amount of work required, I don't think I will be doing it again.

Streamlinekusto
04-07-2010, 01:12 AM
I couldnt help but noticr that ther are still sanding marks tward the bottom of the door, are you going to compound it some more before you seal it?

Fly bye
04-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Good work eh.

Fly bye
04-07-2010, 02:49 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5800&d=1269293489

Fly bye
04-07-2010, 02:53 AM
are you going to compound it some more before you seal it?

I finished up by applying wolfgang 3.0 deep gloss sealant.

:laughing: :D

Craig
04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I think I'm missing something?????????? It's been compounded, and sealed???????

Streamlinekusto
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
the picture just looks like the door still has sanding marks

LITUNDRA
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
haha sorry I should have been more clear, you are right in that picture I had only compounded the upper half of the door so the bottom part of the door still needed to be done it was more of a 50/50 shot to show you how the mothers compound finished up. I did however compound the rest of the door and the rear fender right after I took that picture but unfortunately the clouds rolled in right after I had finished and the pics I had taken to show off all my hard work looked like crap because I have been to lazy to get a new camera so I did not post them.

Yeah it is a very rewarding process but wow was it a lot of work, the door and the rear fender took me almost 4 hours from start to finish I probably could have skipped a few steps and still ended up with the same result but oh well live and learn right.