PDA

View Full Version : Camaro in dealership parking lot.....full of lines!!

mcpp66
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I was out and about on Friday evening and saw two red Camaro's at a local dealership. I had nothing to do and nowhere to go so I thought I'd stop in the lot and take a look. It was dark out, but there cars were perfectly parked in such a way that the reflection of the lights uncovered these horrific lines in the paint. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Perhaps I didn't mess up the paint on my Camaro as much as I thought when I first got it. The swirls and lines that I corrected may have been there from the dealership after all........I guess they're just good at hiding it long enough for the sale. It's just unbelievable to me that new cars leave dealerships that way. There should be laws forcing them to fix the paint properly. This just horrifies me........at some point I'm going to have to bring my Camaro in for servicing and I'm already nervous over it. Unbelievable!

Grizzly
03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Thats called a dealership hack that has no clue about proper surface care.

mcpp66
03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
It's just a shame that they can get away with that. It makes me sooooo nervous thinking about when it's time for me to bring my car in for service.

killrflake
03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
It's just a shame that they can get away with that. It makes me sooooo nervous thinking about when it's time for me to bring my car in for service.

Well then you'll have to tell the service writer to put on the face of the work order "Do Not Wash Car" and as a second reminder tape a sign on the steering wheel or dashboard. If they still wash it at least you'll know the people in the back are idiots and that you need to find another dealer to service your car. Taking your buisness elsewhere is the best way to make a point.

mcpp66
03-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I know........it's just that I put so much work into removing swirls and scratches that it'll just kill me if the dealership puts them back. If that were to happen I would never go back, but in my mind it would still be too late.

Focus2069
03-22-2010, 10:08 PM
before and after pictures do wonders when demanding reimbursement (or possible legal action in small claims court) in those "dealership washed my car" type situations