PDA

View Full Version : I made a detail video

Pages : [1] 2 3

detailjohn
03-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I had this video professionally made to put on my website. It sure helps drive in business, and also optimizes my website automatically. What do you think?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoSwZPsE2M]YouTube - Metropolitan Detail - Seattle's Premier Auto Salon Detailing Edmonds Lynnwood Seattle Bellevue[/video]

John

trhland
03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
saw this on another site when you first posted it . and it was fantastic!!! infact every now and then i watch it .. great job!!!:xyxthumbs:

Rsurfer
03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
John did you post this Vid somewhere else, since you only joined AG this month? I've seen your vid, but don't remember where. Nice vid.

O.C.Detailing
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Okay John...I need a job working for you. ;) Hit me up if you wanna move me out to Seattle to work for ya! Nice video and AMAZING shop!!!

rwright
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
I watched it on another site as well. That's the first I've heard of putting wax down then a sealant, but then again I'm not a pro!

Mike Phillips
03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi John,

Nice video, well done. After making a few videos myself I'm confident you understand how much time and work behind the scenes goes into making a video. One thing for sure, using the Voice Over format sure makes things easier... :xyxthumbs:

You say,

It sure helps drive in business, and also optimizes my website automatically.

It's pretty easy to see how it can drive customer's to your business, can you share how it optimizes your website automatically?

Also, would you say posting to forums helps to drive new customers to your business and/or website?

By the way, Lynnwood is a nice area, I called on PBE stores and body shops all over that area from 1988 to 1990 as a Meguiar's Rep, made a lot of friends and had a lot of fun in the process.

:)

markm
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
The video was very well done and your process is incredible. I did however hear the word "unexperienced" when "inexperienced" should have been used. Not really a big deal, it's just not a real word.

Mark

detailjohn
03-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I did post this video on a few other websites a while ago, but I just joined autogeek, and thought I'd get some insight from a different crew. I've ordered products from Autogeek in the past, and had great service, so when I found out they had a forum I had to join.

John

detailjohn
03-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi John,

Nice video, well done. After making a few videos myself I'm confident you understand how much time and work behind the scenes goes into making a video. One thing for sure, using the Voice Over format sure makes things easier... :xyxthumbs:

You say,

It's pretty easy to see how it can drive customer's to your business, can you share how it optimizes your website automatically?

Also, would you say posting to forums helps to drive new customers to your business and/or website?

By the way, Lynnwood is a nice area, I called on PBE stores and body shops all over that area from 1988 to 1990 as a Meguiar's Rep, made a lot of friends and had a lot of fun in the process.

:)

Thanks Mike,

I don't know if it drives in customers on a forum like this, because I'm surrounded by other pros, and do it yourselfers.

To all the other pros on here, making a video and posting it on youtube is a great idea. Since Google purchased Youtube, they have decided together that the strongest form of optimization that you can do is link a video from your website to youtube. If you get a bunch of hits on your video, it strengthens your website. Of course they would love to charge you pay per click, but if you want to grow your website organically, youtube is the way to go.

John

detailjohn
03-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Okay John...I need a job working for you. ;) Hit me up if you wanna move me out to Seattle to work for ya! Nice video and AMAZING shop!!!

Haha, thank you. We're always hiring for talent.

John

detailjohn
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
The video was very well done and your process is incredible. I did however hear the word "unexperienced" when "inexperienced" should have been used. Not really a big deal, it's just not a real word.

Mark

I'll have to give my video guy some grief over that one.

Mike Phillips
03-21-2010, 10:50 PM
To all the other pros on here, making a video and posting it on YouTube is a great idea. Since Google purchased YouTube, they have decided together that the strongest form of optimization that you can do is link a video from your website to YouTube.

If you get a bunch of hits on your video, it strengthens your website. Of course they would love to charge you pay per click, but if you want to grow your website organically, YouTube is the way to go.

John

Thanks John :dblthumb2:

Besides detailing cars and helping others to detail cars I like to help fellow detailers to be successful and often times it's the business side of detailing where a lot of detailers struggle. Most detailers can hone their detailing skills with practice, but learning tips and techniques for marketing their business to gain new customers can be challenging all by yourself.

This forum group you posted to, (How to make money detailing cars), is actually a brand new forum group and perfect for this kind of valuable and helpful information.

Thank you for sharing how posting a video to YouTube can help others to optimize their online business presence and marketing endeavors.

This ability for all of us to exchange and share ideas is one of the most important and powerful aspects of this thing we call a discussion forum.

:xyxthumbs:

O.C.Detailing
03-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Haha, thank you. We're always hiring for talent.

John

Working for you would be amazing, I'm sure, but getting to Seattle from Lynchburg, VA. would be a problem. lol If you're ever interested in helping me get to Seattle I'd be happy to give you what ever talent I have. ;)

I hope I one day either get to work in or OWN a shop like that. :D

detaildave
03-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Excellent & Professional looking vid. Wow you have Loaner-moblie too!!! That's top notch & speaks Volumes about you & your business!!! Good for you & wish you all the best & continued success.:xyxthumbs:

A4 1.8tqm
03-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Great video John! I stopped by your shop Saturday but you weren't in, you have an excellent space! I've always peeked in at the cars when I go to Wesco. Spoke to Richard for a sec, you got nice guy's workin' for you. I'll try to catch ya this week. :cheers: