PDA

View Full Version : raised lettering?

snowking724
03-21-2010, 12:54 PM
anyone have any tips on getting a gel tire dressing inside the raised lettering? it's not a killer but going at it with the corners and edges of my applicator's is not the quickest. i haven't tried any quality spray dressing yet but i don't think the durability would be the same,suggestions would be appreciated for some that would be.

Lasthope05
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Get a regular cheap paint brush at the hardware store and cut the bristles down to about an 1' - 1.5" and use that to apply your tire dressings. It gives it a more uniform look, can easily get into the crevice between the bead of the tire and wheel and around the treads.

snowking724
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
much appreciated. i'll pick one up this week.

Shane731
03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I'd just go with an aerosol tire dressing. The problem with gels when you have raised lettering is even application, and with liquids you can have excess hiding in raised areas and then have to deal with sling. Given, a paintbrush would be handy when dealing with gels, but an aerosol would be quicker, depending on how much time you're wanting to put into dressing your tires. Just my two cents.

snowking724
03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
i really like the end result with the megs endurance an dp gels i'm using and the durability with the megs is pretty good. i'm always ready to try something new so i'll check into the options. thanks