PDA

View Full Version : Which qd mike?

Pages : [1] 2

helicopter
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
hi mike, two different days, two different threads, they asked which qd you like? one day they said optimum and then the other day others said fk 425. both threads were very confident. the pressure is on. you can only choose one. lol. thank you. oh,Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer 128 oz. says, one gallon makes 3 gallons of qd but the mixture is 3 parts water,1 part qd. does that make 3 gallons or 4 gallons? again, thank you lyndon

Lasthope05
03-21-2010, 01:25 PM
OID or FK425. It doesnt matter. The choice is really up to you. These two products are on the top tier of the ladder in the detailing world. I have both of them and like them equally.

Generally OID is the more cost effective QD. A 32oz concentrate bottle is only $15 which makes a gallon worth of product. A gallon of FK425 is $30. Now if you compare a that to a gal of OID than the savings would be much more dramatic. 1 gallon of OID makes 4 gallons of product.

Also some people have problems with streaking with OID so they dilute it at 4:1 which would yield 5 qts/gals or product making it more cost effective. I use it at 4:1 and find no noticeable difference in performance and looks between the two dilution ratios.

Mike Phillips
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I like the one closest to my hand when I reach for a quick or spray detailer...

Most quality, name brand spray detailers work great for the purpose they were intended to perform, so test some out and see which one or which ones you like best.

If the product works, then anyone using good technique can get good and even great results by using it correctly.

:)

helicopter
03-21-2010, 02:38 PM
thank you, i will buy optimum then, yeh, got something done

helicopter
03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
very diplomatic, thank you. i must remember you should stay unbiased. it makes sense.

ScottB
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
You wont choose wrong with either one, both are great products. Both even work well on slightly damp finishes.

helicopter
03-21-2010, 02:44 PM
thank you,i will buy optimum because of price. question how do pinnicle mist and these two differ, being that pinnicle costs 4 times more. again, thank you

Mike Phillips
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM
very diplomatic, thank you. i must remember you should stay unbiased. it makes sense.

Made me thing of something funny I read one time...

The definition of diplomacy is when confronted by a hostile dog, you say...

"Nice Doggy"

as you carefully reach down to pick up a rock...

:)

helicopter
03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
lol, i will spray optimum at the dog. will that work?

Rsurfer
03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
thank you,i will buy optimum because of price. question how do pinnicle mist and these two differ, being that pinnicle costs 4 times more. again, thank youCystal Mist is more of a spray cleaner with polymers/nuba and will last longer than OID...that's why it cost more.

helicopter
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
thank you, do i need crytal mist?

Rsurfer
03-21-2010, 04:30 PM
thank you, do i need crytal mist?
Only if you want it.:xyxthumbs:It's a great spray wax/detailer.

mike matchlat
03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Only if you want it.:xyxthumbs:It's a great spray wax/detailer.

I just got done putting fusion on my car love it .Inthe future this will be my wax of choice. Will it be ok to use crystal mist to maintain as i have two bottles .

Rsurfer
03-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I just got done putting fusion on my car love it .Inthe future this will be my wax of choice. Will it be ok to use crystal mist to maintain as i have two bottles .Sure can, they are both hybrids (polymers/nuba).

mike matchlat
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Sure can, they are both hybrids (polymers/nuba).

Thanks for the response thats what makes this forum great