PDA

View Full Version : Help: Small Tear Drop Shaped Spots on Paint AFTER a WASH after a correction

Geared
03-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Hello,

I recently had my car fully corrected. Clay, 3 step polish + wolfgang sealant of some sort.

About a week later, I washed it using a microfiber mit, and dried it using an absorber and microfiber towel.

After I got through, I noticed these small tear drop shaped spots all over the car about an inch apart from one another.

IT DEFINITELY LOOKED LIKE WAX or something like what. It definitely was not tree sap or any "contaminant" on the paint....it was polish or wax.

I used a microfiber and they all came out...but it did require a little bit of elbow grease - meaning they didn't just wipe off with ease, but instead almost needed to be buffed out.

Anyone have any ideas as to what happened, what caused this, and how to prevent it?

jb

CEE DOG
03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Welcome to AG! Can you post a picture please?

Geared
03-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Well I already buffed them all out so there aren't any pictures....

CEE DOG
03-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Sounds very strange based on everything you've said. The only thing I could have said was water spots but you said they were all over the car and if you dried it right after that wouldn't make sense. Also the shape and distance between drops doesn't jive.

I look forward to somebody supplying you with an answer.

Fly bye
03-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Chances are the spots won't come back, as it could have been some sort of residue left by the detailer.

Geared
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Well when the detailer was done. There were no spots - the finish was pure perfection... But a week later after a good 2 bucket wash (didnt noticed spots)....and dry...I noticed them.

The spots showed themselves after the car was dry.

Geared
03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
so with all the knowledge on this site...noone can shed some light on this issue?

I washed the car yesterday....and they came back.

jimmers
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Sounds a little like it could be marks from the dimples on a LC CCS foam pad. However, if that is what they are I have no idea why they are all over the car and why they disappear but re-appear after a wash and dry.

When I was polishing my car with the pads I would periodically see the little marks in the residue on the car before I buffed it off. But it generally was only where I stopped the machine on the car--definitely not over the entire car and they were removed when I wiped the polish off.

Weird! I would take it back to the detailer. Maybe they can shed some light on it for you. Regardless you shouldn't have to be putting that elbow grease into a simple wash and dry after paying someone to detail it. They should correct it for you.

Let us know what you find out.

CEE DOG
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
so with all the knowledge on this site...noone can shed some light on this issue?

I washed the car yesterday....and they came back.

:Picture: will help

Kurt_s
03-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Pictures please.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Without seeing pics I going to guess he did not fully correct the paint and used glaze to cover up the defects that were not removed. So when you washed the car it removed the glaze and now you can see the defects he did not remove.

detaildave
03-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Without seeing pics I going to guess he did not fully correct the paint and used glaze to cover up the defects that were not removed. So when you washed the car it removed the glaze and now you can see the defects he did not remove.
:iagree:

sullysdetailing
03-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Sent you a PM on Detail City