PDA

View Full Version : SwirlX and Ultimate Compound

mcpp66
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Anyone here have problems with the SwirlX and Ultimate Compound bottles splitting at the sides? It's especially bad for me with SwirlX because of how hard it is to squeeze it out of the bottle. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone else had that same problem or if it's just me.

Mike Phillips
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I haven't since they came out and when they came out in production we were the first to have them. I know what you're talking about though, sometimes the plastic seems a little to brittle for the job.

Once time I was doing a Roadshow Class for Miata Club and holding a quart of M80 to my side and twisting it in a circle to shake it up and as a part of this I was grasping it firmly. My thumb punctured the side of the quart bottle and M80 came splattering out all over everyones pants standing in a circle around the demonstration, it was a little embarrassing to say the least.

I was told once that one of the reasons the plastic used generally to make bottle has become more brittle has to do or had to do with changing EPA regulations on plastic formulations used in this industry.

I'm not a chemist and don't have time to study and document what the EPA is up to year in, year out but I did here this in a conversation among people closer to that aspect of the industry. If this is true, then at least some of the blame for any plastic wares lies at the feet the EPA and they're only looking out for you and I.

:)

CEE DOG
03-19-2010, 08:08 AM
EPA and they're only looking out for you and I.

I sure hope so

mcpp66
03-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Two bottles of SwirlX and a bottle of UC cracked at the sides. It just happened this past week on my bottle of UC.

Mike Phillips
03-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Two bottles of SwirlX and a bottle of UC cracked at the sides. It just happened this past week on my bottle of UC.

The best thing you can do for your fellow man and all mankind is to call their Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-347-5700 and let them know and they will enter this into a database that tracks problems. Anytime they see a spike in problems related to any product this initiates an investigation. So seriously, reporting a problem like you describe helps your fellow detailers and all car enthusiasts.

You can also fill out this form and this gets tracked in a database too...

meguiars.com: Customer Care Center (http://www.meguiars.com/customercare/)

:)

mcpp66
03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Already did that..........just thought I'd see what others are experiencing.

DLB
03-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Funny that you posted this.
I was going to send a sample out in an old UC bottle I had recently finished, and when I picked it up it was split down the side.

So yes, I have experienced this as well - only with no negative outcome.

And what Mike said is true - call their Customer Service.
I had a bad bottle of UC and they replaced it with a new one no questions asked.

DLB

mcpp66
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Funny that you posted this.
I was going to send a sample out in an old UC bottle I had recently finished, and when I picked it up it was split down the side.

So yes, I have experienced this as well - only with no negative outcome.

And what Mike said is true - call their Customer Service.
I had a bad bottle of UC and they replaced it with a new one no questions asked.

DLB

Yeah, I didn't lose nearly as much UC as I did SwirlX. SwirlX is so thick that you have to squeeze the heck out of the bottle to get any out.

DLB
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I didn't lose nearly as much UC as I did SwirlX. SwirlX is so thick that you have to squeeze the heck out of the bottle to get any out.
Swap the bottles out for some squeeze dispense bottles.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2097_37908320

The tips on the UC and SwirlX will clog, and you can't get the product out good. Plus, your first squirt out of it after it has dried is just crumbly junk anyhow.

This way you have a tip that doesn't clog, and it is much easier to work with.

DLB

dmxsoulja3
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM
My UC and a bottle of #80 both cracked on the seam right at the top where the neck and body of the bottle starts just this week, honestly I feel like I cracked them but only by doing what any one would do you grab that area and shake them guess they weren't ready for my gorilla grip but shaking 32oz of product requires some attention anyways, like DLB stated grab some dispenser bottles..I got them at Walmart with lids and tops for .97 cents a piece, I buy them out every time they get them lol they always ask me what I'm doing with them, I laugh and say I put wax in them, the GF makes salad dressings!

Also I find it easier to store all my products when the bottles are all the same size, plus if I want to lend out a few OZ's I can dispense a bit and hand it out. Easier to handle one of these little bottles as well versus a 32oz bottle of compound too.

p.s. I recently bought a package of Labels that are in standard paper sizes made by Avery and you can download an application from them to design your own labels and print them on a printer and peel and stick on the bottles if you want a "professional" look...got the idea from the GF, shes obsessive about organization, labels, folders, binders, books...guess its rubbing off on me a lil bit :) She has labeled bottles, boxes, bags of all my products, she says its "pretty" lol but hey if she can be part of my hobby, im down for it!