PDA

View Full Version : Forever Black tire gel

Al1515
03-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Anyone used this product?

I've searched online and can't find much in the way of detailers' personal experience with it.

Curious about consistency (gel-like vs watery), ease of use, type of look that it gives (e.g., glossy, matte, etc), durability, and is it recommended for use on exterior trim (since FB's main product is generally the one that is used on exterior trim). Is it as good as the product description makes it sound?

Thanks.

Al1515
03-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Has anyone tried this stuff? Feel free to chime in!

How does it compare to more traditional dressings, like WG Black Diamond (which I love!)?

seaho
03-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I have used it over the last year. It is a thick black gel, and is very good if you want your tires to look new(dark, satin black- not shiney), which is what I prefer, particularly on SUV, van, and truck tires. It has great durability, lasting 2-3 mo. IME. Try applying it with a cheap foam paintbrush. If you like really shiney tires, there are better options. As you can tell, I really like the stuff, but it takes a little more effort to use. Hope this helps.

richy
03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Al..it's good timing you bring up this product. I was interested in trying it too so I asked Meghan to send me a small sample. I tried it yesterday on my wife's Pacifica that has new tires. I am going to try it on my FX which has 6 year old tires on it. The Gel is also a dye so it really blackens up the tire and gives it a natural, new looking appearance. My post and pics will follow when I get a chance to do my car, which is likely tomorrow since it's forecasted for rain today.

Al1515
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks, guys. Looking forward to the pics.

mikek753
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
hi all,

Are there any updates about Forever Black tire gel?
How do you like it after 6 months?
Can you recommend it?
Or should I just keep using Meguiars High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Gel?

tnx.

D_Nyholm
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
I put some of this on a car that sits in the driveway more or less 24/7. Washed, waxed the car and did the tires. The forever black made the tires look very nice. Clean, dark, matte finish. Unfortunately, it was gone in about 1 month from sitting out in the wintertime. I rewashed the car afterward and noticed that the tires had NOTHING on them whatesoever. I am personally not happy with it but will still try it on other vehicles before I make a final judgement (and since i have 2 bottles that I bought on BOGO).

sabrina
03-04-2011, 04:02 AM
This environmentally friendly, silicone-free, black-pigmented polymer will keep your vehicle in tip "top" condition.

richy
03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I much prefer Opti Bond to this product. I would be tempted to use its dye properties on some faded trim to see how that works. Wear gloves and tape off surrounding areas.