PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the visual difference in polishes/compounds

MobolWerks
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Thought I would write a simple, but informative post about teaching yourself which polish to grab for which project.

What I did was simple. Tape off (3) seperate squares (18" x 18").. A quick note, I had very similar scratches, swirls, etc accross my entire hood so it was fairly easy to see which polish was removing which defect.

After taping my squares, I began with some Menzerna Nano in my first square.. After that I began on my second square with some Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and finished it with some Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.. Finally, I did a Meg's 105/205 combo on the third square..

Under light you can definately see the difference - you do need lights though, cause I couldn't tell as much difference under just the sunlight in my driveway.

Try it out cause I would love to hear some feedback from everyone, or even some better suggestions on polish and compound choice

doctordon
03-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Good Tip. Thanks for sharing! I will try it out on my next paint correction.

kronos
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
That's cool. So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Megs twins removed most of the swirls and that the WG twins finished down the best?

ricks778
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
That's cool. So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Megs twins removed most of the swirls and that the WG twins finished down the best?
I would like to know what your results were too.