PDA

View Full Version : Race Glaze

Dane
03-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Any one heard of, or used, Race Glaze? If so, your thoughts and opinions would appreciated.

Lasthope05
03-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I hear the line is really good, most noticable the waxes. I cant say as I have never tried them but I have their brushes and they are top notch. Only place I know that stocks them is AutoWerkesExclusive. I plan to get the XL wheel brush and lambswool wash mitt from them. The wash mitt comes in different colors which is nice. You have to specifically ask for them.

agpatel
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
There are 2 raceglaze's I know, one is in the UK and another one makes a bunk car polish/wax. If it is the one made in the UK, it is great stuff. I love there wheel brush, leather products, rg55 is a great wax as well. Mitts they have are beyond amazing looking!

christian900se
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
The UK company makes some brilliant stuff for sure, I highly recommend trying out the wheel brush. I have the brush as well as their top wax RG55 and it goes on easily and comes off just as well. It supposedly lasts 3 months at least but I haven't been able to test it to that point.

Dane
03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
There is definitely two different companies. I did some searching online and there is one from the UK and one from Texas. Like I said, just curious. Thanks again!

Dane
03-18-2010, 06:48 AM
That would be "are" two different companies. That's what I get for being online so late!

Mike Phillips
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I worked at a lot of car shows in Oregon, Washington and Idaho and there seem to be a pretty strong Race Glaze presence at many of the shows in the 1990's to the 2000's, seem to remember one guy that was pretty actively promoting the product line.

Here's another example of the use of the word glaze for a car care product. I'm pretty sure the Texas based Race Glaze product is a sealant of some type but uses the word glaze in the name.

Glaze, Polish, Wax, Sealant, Treatment, Protectant, Sealer, Coating....

:)

ScottB
03-18-2010, 05:26 PM
There are indeed two different companies ... the UK company offers several 'nuba pastes that are said to be rather nice.

pampos
03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
The RG55 last more than a year on my car but i am washing it and drive it once a week :) :)..The rest of the days is under my garage :)