PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's World Bug Squash

Shane731
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Does anybody know if this stuff removes your wax protection? Also, it says you can use it as a pre-soak before washing and then wash as usual, anybody have any issues with sudsing being affected using it in conjunction with a wash? I have been using Rain-X Bug and Tar Remover, and while that works alright, I wouldn't mind something a bit better. Thoughts on Bug Squash? Thanks!

maddenbowler
03-17-2010, 12:08 AM
I've only heard good things about bug squash. But personally never tried it. I have been impressed with duragloss bug remover though

Dubbin1
03-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Does anybody know if this stuff removes your wax protection?

I asked this same question elsewhere and was told that it will remove the wax.

Bunky
03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Steve has said at 3:1 it should not remove the sealant or wax. I have only used it one time so far (3:1) so I have not personally had enough experience with it to say it does. I would believe Steve.

Harleyguy
03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Steve has said at 3:1 it should not remove the sealant or wax. I have only used it one time so far (3:1) so I have not personally had enough experience with it to say it does. I would believe Steve.:iagree:I have it and used it like Steve suggested without any problems.

Grizzly
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
The best bug and tar remover I have used is Meguiars Body Solvent.

Kris R
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
The best bug and tar remover I have used is Meguiars Body Solvent.

thats the one in the detailer line correct? I was actually going to ask about that...
Does this work on road grime, over spray and such?

Old Tiger
03-17-2010, 04:25 PM
:iagree:I have it and used it like Steve suggested without any problems.
I agree and would add that it is very effective at that dilution.

Grizzly
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
thats the one in the detailer line correct? I was actually going to ask about that...
Does this work on road grime, over spray and such?

Yes,

Works well on road grime, bugs, tar, and also works well as an adhesive remover.

The key is to let it dwell on the surface.

ScottB
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
It can be added to a wash to boost it, for another product I highly suggest P21S Total Wash.

Dubbin1
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I asked this same question elsewhere and was told that it will remove the wax.

Whoops I kinda missed putting a word in that post :doh: I was told it will NOT remove the wax

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes as others have posted diluted to its proper dilution 3:1 (water:BS) BS will not remove any LSP (sealant or wax)..... thus being said BS full strength will remove the LSP that is on the paint. BS also works good on fresh tar and sap :dblthumb2: