PDA

View Full Version : Time for new pads

Birdhunter
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok, it’s time to get some new pads. I have been using the CCS pads with my flex 3401. They seem to be good pads and have lasted many jobs, but I’m open to trying different ones. What pads have you had good luck with?

Thanks

rohnramirez
03-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm excited to try the new surbuf pads, will be purchasing it with the flex probably next month.

cnfowler
05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
I just used an LC Hydro-Tech pad on an F-250 4 door today. I was super impressed with it and will be ordering more. I loved the way it held up during the entire detail and didn't become saturated with product. After each panel, I blew the pad out with compressed air. I was using Meg's M205 and the LC tangerine pad. I also used very little product as a result of the pads.

Usually I use several pads during a detail due to the pad becoming saturated with product. I always clean on the fly, too. This pad stayed firm, just like it was when new. The Hydro-Tech's will be my go to pad now.

I have some of the Surbufs, just haven't used them yet. I've heard great things about them.

JonMiles
05-25-2010, 09:38 PM
I love my edge pads

cnfowler
05-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Here's the truck I did with the LC Tangerine Hydro-Tech.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/F-250.JPG

Colin

tuscarora dave
05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I like the 5.5 inch Variable Contact pads from Poorboy's World the best on the Flex 3401.

cobalt9123
05-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I just used an LC Hydro-Tech pad on an F-250 4 door today. I was super impressed with it and will be ordering more. I loved the way it held up during the entire detail and didn't become saturated with product. After each panel, I blew the pad out with compressed air. I was using Meg's M205 and the LC tangerine pad. I also used very little product as a result of the pads.

Usually I use several pads during a detail due to the pad becoming saturated with product. I always clean on the fly, too. This pad stayed firm, just like it was when new. The Hydro-Tech's will be my go to pad now.

I have some of the Surbufs, just haven't used them yet. I've heard great things about them.

:iagree:

I love the hydrotech pads. I used them for my first detail every with my GG ROP and followed with a LC Flat pad. I did NOT like the flat pad, it absorbed a substantial amount of product and made me feel like I was dry buffing a majority of the time...