PDA

View Full Version : How to properly wash after polish?

Aleksey Korzun
03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I applied good coat of Wolfgang's Polish recently and a week into my car got soaked in the rain and after drying I got water spots on the flat surfaces.

What if the best way to get the car to shine again without messing up the polish? I assume I can go to a self wash and use a little bit of soap after getting the car wet?

Or should I just wet it and go over with sponge without soap and just dry it all out?

Thanks!

mackdaddyhibble
03-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Did u apply any protection over the polish?

Aleksey Korzun
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Did u apply any protection over the polish?

No, I assumed polish WAS the protection in the first place..

Rsurfer
03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
No, I assumed polish WAS the protection in the first place..
What Wolfgang polish did you use?

Aleksey Korzun
03-16-2010, 07:29 PM
What Wolfgang polish did you use?

Sorry it was a long day I used deep gloss paint sealant not polish Im the MAN

Rsurfer
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
You may have to polish to get rid of the water spots. Try washing with soap and see if that helps.

A4 1.8tqm
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Be sure to use a soap intended for washing cars. Other soaps have detergents that will strip the sealant right off, including the soap at a DIY car wash. I like Megs gold class. :cheers:

Aleksey Korzun
03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Be sure to use a soap intended for washing cars. Other soaps have detergents that will strip the sealant right off, including the soap at a DIY car wash. I like Megs gold class. :cheers:

I have Eagle One Nanowash & Wax, would I be fine if I mix it in a bucket just so it foams up and spray it off after soaking and using sponge to break apart the dirt?

Also if it does strip the sealant, how do I tell?

Wax Gorilla
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes & yes

A4 1.8tqm
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM
You should have nice tight and tall water beads, not big flat water blobs. The water should seem like it doesn't want to be on the car. When your done washing, use the hose with no attachments and let the water flow onto the car. With good technique you can get the car's surfaces almost completely dry with the flow of water, this is called the "Sheeting Method".

Dubbin1
03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I applied good coat of Wolfgang's Polish recently and a week into my car got soaked in the rain and after drying I got water spots on the flat surfaces.

What if the best way to get the car to shine again without messing up the polish? I assume I can go to a self wash and use a little bit of soap after getting the car wet?

Or should I just wet it and go over with sponge without soap and just dry it all out?

Thanks!

Watch some of these videos for the correct ways to wash a car Proper Washing and Drying Techniques (http://www.autogeek.net/video-wash.html)