PDA

View Full Version : Boar's hair brush..on black paint?

dmxsoulja3
03-16-2010, 08:27 AM
So I have read so many different reviews on Boar's hair brushes, having a stable of cars at the house, (Expedition, Jag S type, Jetta, Scion) using a brush on a handle could save me TONS of time but not if it means I'm going to have to polish more swirls out!

So who uses them, which one, and what is your experience with them?

I have never actually felt one, so I'm assuming its pretty soft and if I used alot of suds, two buckets and some sort of surface like a grit guard to scrub the bristles clean after a pass on a dirty section of the car it should be pretty safe? I'm assuming you have to resist the urge to "scrub" and just glide it over the paint as if using any other wash medium?

I like the Montana brush at AG, but the griots garage flow through boar's hair brush also has peaked my interest, seems a little safer taking in the consideration I could have my hose attached and a steady stream of water to wash away particles.

Thanks, J

jpegs13
03-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I have a Black Escalade and I use the AG Montana brush 2 bucket method and have had no problems.

5.4 Shelby
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I have the GG flow through, but, never use it. It is heavy as is, adding a hose full of water makes it really cumbersome.

I use GG hand Boar's hair brush. Love it. No problems. Just make sure you shake it in the water to loosen any debris in the bristles.

mcpp66
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, after I bought my Camaro I washed it with a brush and am still working on removing the defects it caused. It wasn't a boar's hair brush and it didn't even come from AG. I borrowed my brother's soft-bristled Meguiar's brush and am sorry I did. Really I don't know if it was the brush or the terry towels (the fibers were somewhat stiff) that cause my problem, but I'll never EVER use a brush again or terry towels again. But, being that Mike Phillips has a video in which he's using a boar's hair brush it's probably safe to do. My issue was probably more of an ID 10 T error (you I.T. geeks out there should know what that means).

kronos
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
...ID 10 T error (you I.T. geeks out there should know what that means).

I didn't, then I googled it! Im the MAN

mcpp66
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
I probably shouldn't leak that info to the non-IT world.....my fellow geeks will hate me for it.