PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using MOTHERS Products here?

Pages : [1] 2

JasonFong
03-15-2010, 10:27 PM
HELLO! Thinking of giving it a try.. Anyone who are using MOTHERS for detailing would advice me?? Thank alots!!! :cheers:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-15-2010, 11:10 PM
I've used mother's showtime detail spray, clay bar, tire dressing, metal polish. While they aren't bad products, there's better out there. Never used any of their waxes or polishes. Very nice microfiber quick detail towel, though.

jmp09fg2
03-15-2010, 11:22 PM
The little can of metal polish that you can get anywhere that sells detailing supplies is AMAZING. That and the powerball mini are the only things I have used. I haven't heard anything good or bad about them.....Give it a try and write some reviews!

A4 1.8tqm
03-15-2010, 11:24 PM
The little can of metal polish that you can get anywhere that sells detailing supplies is AMAZING!

:iagree:, not that I've used many other brands to compare though.

kronos
03-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I've been happy with their clay bar, quick detail spray, and brushes. I haven't tried anything else from their line.

Are you thinking of trying their polish line?

JasonFong
03-16-2010, 09:38 AM
ya have been thinking of trying out their full package products.. From wash to final finish.. Too many products out there dont know which to choose and i think mothers products is cheaper.. Haha! I like the reflections part.. Cant wait to try them!!!!!!

Bunky
03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Products recently used:

Showtime
Reflections Tire Care
Chrome Polish
Plastic Polish - finishes better than Meg's on clear plastics
Power Cone
new FX paste - very good durability
Reflections Wax
FX Spray Wax
Waffle weave drying towel (has a foam core)

autodromo
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
The little can of metal polish that you can get anywhere that sells detailing supplies is AMAZING. That and the powerball mini are the only things I have used. I haven't heard anything good or bad about them.....Give it a try and write some reviews!

+1 have not used much of there other things. some people say good things about there California wash to.

DLB
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I like their California Gold Wash and their Pre-Wax cleaner.

The wash is actually one of my favorites, I am just experimenting with others at the moment.

DLB

JasonFong
03-16-2010, 01:28 PM
How about Polish and waxs? Any intromation? :D

forrest@mothers
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Gee - I like them. But then, I'm biased.

Getting on a plane.......

JohnnyC
03-16-2010, 06:39 PM
I've tried their waxes and polishes but found better.I went to Meguiars and was very happy with their product line and now that i'm using a polisher i use their top of the line and it's good stuff.But ever since i joined AG there is so much more out there to try it's almost never ending.

Larry A
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I think their products are as good as Meguiars.

termigator
03-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I've used their Reflections wax, plastic polish, detailing spray and clay bar. I like the Reflections wax a lot. Smells pleasant, easy on and off. Can't say anything about durability since I've never tested it. The detailing spray and clay bar is as good as any OTC products out there. Best value too, now that each package contains two bars.:xyxthumbs:
The Plastic Polish is good too, but I found out Meguiars' M105/205 works even better.

JohnnyC
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
I think their products are as good as Meguiars.

To me their waxes don't last long at all.The water would stop sheeting after about 2-3 weeks.where Meguiars held up for a very long time. I used Meguiars sealant over the past winter and not once did i have to hand wash the car, all i had to do was to go to a do it yourself wash bay and spray it off and it would look like i hand washed it, Mothers couldn,t do that. :dunno: