PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Indigo vs. Bogo Cobra Arctic White

Nasir
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
I just received a pack of both of these towels from AG, and after reading some posts I realized that posters were curious about the difference.

They seem almost identical to the touch and the arctic white's are advertised as 70/30 just like the indigos...however the 12 arctic whites I received today are actually 75/25 while the indigos I received were 70/30 as advertised.

Just wanted to put that out there for those of you who were curious about the difference between the 2.

jpegs13
03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I think they're the same. Wash 'em together like I did, then you'll have blue and pale blue:cry:

ScottB
03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
I have both and seemed quite similar ... I will say the whites ones seem to get dirtier faster !

Matt S.
03-15-2010, 07:16 PM
That's odd. They're both listed as having the same exact specs on the website and to my knowledge they are the same exact towels with different coloring.

obssest
03-15-2010, 07:57 PM
That's odd. They're both listed as having the same exact specs on the website and to my knowledge they are the same exact towels with different coloring.

Not trying to defame AG here, I love most of the products (and have the credit card bills to prove it), but the Cobra towels are the achilles heel of the AG online store.

The Cobra towels seem to be so hit and miss from one towel to the next, there are literally hundreds of forum posts here about linting and other issues with them. I was glad that AG started carrying Griot's Garage stuff... I got the wax removal towels last month and they are so great I just ordered the polish removal and speed shine (quick detailing) towels too. I have yet to find a microfiber brand that can send me the same towels EVERY time, but the Griot's are off to a good start.

5.4 Shelby
03-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Not trying to defame AG here, I love most of the products (and have the credit card bills to prove it), but the Cobra towels are the achilles heel of the AG online store.

The Cobra towels seem to be so hit and miss from one towel to the next, there are literally hundreds of forum posts here about linting and other issues with them. I was glad that AG started carrying Griot's Garage stuff... I got the wax removal towels last month and they are so great I just ordered the polish removal and speed shine (quick detailing) towels too. I have yet to find a microfiber brand that can send me the same towels EVERY time, but the Griot's are off to a good start.
GG are the only high end MF towel I have used. They have been very reliable (as are most all of their products). When my wax removal towels got to be about 4 or 5 years old and washed many times they started to lint a little. I bought some new ones recently, but, have not used them yet.

I love their Speed Shine towels and Spray on Carwash towels. Thick and fluffy and soft.

I had planned to try some Cobras just to see if they were any better. I prob still will to evaluate for myself, but, this info is helpful.

slammin86
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I just received a pack of both of these towels from AG, and after reading some posts I realized that posters were curious about the difference.

They seem almost identical to the touch and the arctic white's are advertised as 70/30 just like the indigos...however the 12 arctic whites I received today are actually 75/25 while the indigos I received were 70/30 as advertised.

Just wanted to put that out there for those of you who were curious about the difference between the 2.
I noticed this on mine too. The percentages are different on the tags.

CEE DOG
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM

:iagree:

I LOVE AG and LOVE all their other products. But the cobra towels are how should I say this. Not for me.

Kurt_s
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM
When I bought the Indigo's and Artic Whites, I thought that they were the same towel except for color. The website is incorrect as looking at the labels on the towels today, they do indicate that the Indigo towels are 70/30 and the artic white are 75/25.

I have used both for polish removal and both seem to do the job well. Both are soft to touch and the texture removes polish well. Neither scratched the paint during buffing.

I had a linting issue from one of 4 different Cobra towels that I washed together in the machine. I am not sure which towel was the culprit, but hand rewashed towels are fine so it could have been my washing technique.

Be careful, the Indigo towel's blue dye run, so I have several artic white towels that have a blue tinge like an Alaskan glacier. The white towel definately shows any dirt or grime that gets wiped up.

killrflake
03-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Guess I've been lucky with the Cobra mf towels I've bought. I even grabed some of those Shamrock green towels when they were on BOGO last year and I feel they are the softest towels I've ever owned, and they never left any lint.

CEE DOG
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I always prefer lighter towels. Definetly whites the best. Much easier to know they are clean!

VISITOR
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM

The Cobra towels seem to be so hit and miss from one towel to the next, there are literally hundreds of forum posts here about linting and other issues with them.

i would have to agree...

trek
03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Guess I've been lucky with the Cobra mf towels I've bought. I even grabed some of those Shamrock green towels when they were on BOGO last year and I feel they are the softest towels I've ever owned, and they never left any lint.

Ditto, read the posts on other peoples problems, have yet to have any problems with any cobra's Ive purchased, including the shamrocks.

2010V8Colorado
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I got a dozen of the white on the BOGO and love 'em. Best I have for polish/wax removal. Have 6 of the Shamrock's and hate 'em!!! They have been washed alone in micro restore and dryed alone on air only about 10 times and they still lint like crazy. I got my metro vac out and sucked every bit of lint out of the dryer tub, vent, screen, and cracks. They still lint to the point I have green lint in the seams when I use to buff. Yes, my truck is Black but these towels are just for looking at and not using.

jjkacz
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I think they're the same. Wash 'em together like I did, then you'll have blue and pale blue:cry:

I did the same thing too. Now I have baby blue ones - oops!!