PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed from the pros...!

Pages : [1] 2

JasonFong
03-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi all.. I was wondering Meguiar NXT tech wax 2.0 worth to give it a try?? :hungry:

zinc02gt
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Sure, why not. I've heard it's directed for darker cars, it will work on all colors just fine.

ScottB
03-13-2010, 04:40 PM
It is easy to apply and remove. It looks rather nice and inviting, though I still feel it has somewhat of a color shift. (I dunno how to explain it, the colors look a bit different). The durability is often the challenge but all products have weaknesses and benefits IMO. I find using the Spray Booster or any of the other spray waxes when needed between coats can help. Give it a try, then let us know your review !

AeroCleanse
03-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't find it to be that good, esp in durability.

JonMiles
03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
NXT is great looking for about 3 days then its the same as any wax as far as shine and color go. The durability is subpar compared to most waxes and I honestly wouldn't spend my money on it. Grab yourself a bottle of megs 21, its cheaper and I think it works great. My 2 cents.

Shane731
03-13-2010, 10:21 PM
It really is a great product. Given, the slickness does wear off after a wash or two, but you can bring it right back with Ultimate Quik Wax (which incidentally is another great product). And no, it's not as durable as other sealants, but it's so easy to apply and remove it really is a pleasure to use. I prefer the liquid version of NXT 2.0 to the paste version, simply because I think it's easier to work with. Try it, and if you don't like it you can return the unused portion for a full refund (Meguiar's 100% satisfaction guarantee). Can't go wrong with that! :xyxthumbs:

sydster
03-14-2010, 04:33 AM
I don't find it to be that good, esp in durability.

:iagree:

Wax Gorilla
03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I use it between real waxes where I don't do full claying and correction otherwise I like FUSION as my goto WAX !

rwright
03-14-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm ok with it, just have to re-apply it say...monthly. I love it for windows though!

ScottB
03-14-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm ok with it, just have to re-apply it say...monthly. I love it for windows though!

have you tried that against using its booster after washing weekly ???

Meguiars NXT Generation Spray Wax is a synthetic polymer spray wax/paint sealant used to refresh existing car wax or sealant. (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12824.html)
or
Meguiars NXT Generation Speed Detailer is an instant shine quick detail spray to refresh existing wax or paint sealants. (http://www.autogeek.net/mg13224.html)

Grizzly
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Grab yourself a bottle of megs 21, its cheaper and I think it works great. My 2 cents.

Really? Last time I checked it costs a few dollars more than NXT. The only difference bewtween M21 and NXT is that M21 can be applied with a rotary buffer. If your implying that M21 is more durable than NXT that is not true.

It really is a great product. Given, the slickness does wear off after a wash or two, but you can bring it right back with Ultimate Quik Wax (which incidentally is another great product). And no, it's not as durable as other sealants, but it's so easy to apply and remove it really is a pleasure to use. I prefer the liquid version of NXT 2.0 to the paste version, simply because I think it's easier to work with. Try it, and if you don't like it you can return the unused portion for a full refund (Meguiar's 100% satisfaction guarantee). Can't go wrong with that! :xyxthumbs:

What other sealant is it not as durable as?

Shane731
03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
What other sealant is it not as durable as?

To tell you the truth, I've never tested NXT 2.0 to its limits, meaning leaving it for several months and just washing the car, and not using boosters like QD's and spray waxes. The way I've used it is to apply it, and wash regularly with a quality soap, usually doing something like Ultimate Quik Wax after every wash. Doing that, I can get roughly 2 months out of it, give or take a couple weeks. Having just recently joined Autogeek, I am now moving into other sealants and waxes other than Meguiar's, most of which I haven't even gotten to try yet :(. With this test (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/23690-product-reviews-collinite-845-meguiar-s-m16-cobra-guzzler-fk-425-a.html), both Collinite 845 and Meguiar's M16 held up to the winter extremes just fine. I can almost guarantee that NXT 2.0 would not have, based on my experiences with it. Which is why I personally only recommend NXT 2.0 for seasons other than winter. I know some people like to use it for winter, and that's fine. Whatever works for them. But it just doesn't seem to hold up to extremes very well. For example, I work at a dealership washing cars. No, our "techniques" don't measure up to what is taught here and on other forums, but that is beside the point. Our managers have demo cars, which they have washed once in a while (meaning a couple months between washes). Well, one of my managers was having us wash his demo, so I washed it, clayed it, and threw a coat of NXT 2.0 on. A month later, he turned his demo in. Keep in mind that it had not been washed at all during that month, and this was before all that bad winter weather, so it just had to put up with rain and regular dirt. Washed it off - the water beaded great on the horizontal surfaces, but it was gone on the sides below the door handles. And that was just regular dirt. Now maybe what I have to say isn't a fair assessment. Maybe it is. All I know is, it's a great product, it just doesn't take the cake in terms of durability. I refuse to say anything bad about Meguiar's, because their products are really what got me started on detailing in the first place. That, and you can get great results at reasonable prices. I still use a lot of their products. My point is, use what works for you. Hope this answers your question at least in some part. :xyxthumbs:

Grizzly
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
To tell you the truth, I've never tested NXT 2.0 to its limits, meaning leaving it for several months and just washing the car, and not using boosters like QD's and spray waxes. The way I've used it is to apply it, and wash regularly with a quality soap, usually doing something like Ultimate Quik Wax after every wash. Doing that, I can get roughly 2 months out of it, give or take a couple weeks. Having just recently joined Autogeek, I am now moving into other sealants and waxes other than Meguiar's, most of which I haven't even gotten to try yet :(. With this test (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/23690-product-reviews-collinite-845-meguiar-s-m16-cobra-guzzler-fk-425-a.html), both Collinite 845 and Meguiar's M16 held up to the winter extremes just fine. I can almost guarantee that NXT 2.0 would not have, based on my experiences with it. Which is why I personally only recommend NXT 2.0 for seasons other than winter. I know some people like to use it for winter, and that's fine. Whatever works for them. But it just doesn't seem to hold up to extremes very well. For example, I work at a dealership washing cars. No, our "techniques" don't measure up to what is taught here and on other forums, but that is beside the point. Our managers have demo cars, which they have washed once in a while (meaning a couple months between washes). Well, one of my managers was having us wash his demo, so I washed it, clayed it, and threw a coat of NXT 2.0 on. A month later, he turned his demo in. Keep in mind that it had not been washed at all during that month, and this was before all that bad winter weather, so it just had to put up with rain and regular dirt. Washed it off - the water beaded great on the horizontal surfaces, but it was gone on the sides below the door handles. And that was just regular dirt. Now maybe what I have to say isn't a fair assessment. Maybe it is. All I know is, it's a great product, it just doesn't take the cake in terms of durability. I refuse to say anything bad about Meguiar's, because their products are really what got me started on detailing in the first place. That, and you can get great results at reasonable prices. I still use a lot of their products. My point is, use what works for you. Hope this answers your question at least in some part. :xyxthumbs:

A really filthy and salty vechile will not bead water when you go to do your initial rinsing.

I think another misconception is that M16 lasts longer than NXT 2.0. Meguiars has stated on their forum many times that NXT is their most durable and best protecting wax, not M16.

Shane731
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
A really filthy and salty vechile will not bead water when you go to do your initial rinsing.

I think another misconception is that M16 lasts longer than NXT 2.0. Meguiars has stated on their forum many times that NXT is their most durable and best protecting wax, not M16.

It didn't bead water even after washing and rinsing.

I made my statements based on my personal experiences. I can't say that that is the same for everybody else, only for me. As Mike Phillips would say, "Find something you like and use it often."

rwright
03-14-2010, 08:50 PM
It didn't bead water even after washing and rinsing.

I made my statements based on my personal experiences. I can't say that that is the same for everybody else, only for me. As Mike Phillips would say, "Find something you like and use it often."

I'm with you on this Shane, sort of. I used to use this a lot, obviously before I joined the forums. If I used NXT without booster such as UQD or UQW, the protection just didn't seem to last. That's when I started layering NXT and followed with boosters. I had great results with this approach. I would layer NXT over NXT or something that gave me great results in my opinion was a layer of Liquid Glass with a layer of NXT followed by boosters. Man, the beading was great! I have used Gold Class Shampoo for as long as I can remember to be honest with you.