PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Questions

FourEyes45
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello Gang,
Hope you guys will bear with me , I have a few questions. We have a 07 Mercury Grand Marquis and I want to keep it looking Good, I hope this is the last Car we have to buy. Oh we also have a 05 Chev. DuraMas 2500.
What do you think of this List?
1--The Edge 200 Porter Cable 7424HD
2--The FF-Kit which encludes Klass high gloss sealant glaze, Klass All in one,
8oz Souveran Wax, Mist spray and Pads.
3--Poly Clay bar kit
4--Cobra Micro Fiber washing mitt
5--Cobra Buzzler combo Kit

Have I left anyting out?
Have a safe day.
Four Eyes

alban61
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Welcome FourEyes. Looks like you've got a great PC Kit! Looks like you got the Best Wax too.......Souveran.
What are you using as a wash for the vehicles?

FourEyes45
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks Alban61
I using Mequiars Deep Crystal car was now....What do you recommend?

aceshigh73
10-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Welcome....

Looks like you are on your way!! The only thing I Might change is maybe use a different sealant. Its not to say the Klasse Sealant doesnt have its fans... But there are easier Sealants to apply/remove.. Namely the new DP Surface Shield Sealant. I just applied to to my car this weekend and its VERY easy to remove....
Allegedly you use the Klasse sealant for durability... so if you dont might an extra rubbing session, you could stick with that....

Like Alban said.... What are you using as soap? the Poorboys Super Suds is excellent. Also, Im not sure if the FF Kit includes a Quick Detailer (QD) but you might want to get the Poorboys Spray and Gloss.. Or the Cleakote Quickshine... or maybe something with a bit more wax/carnuba to add to the protection instead of just quick detailing it... (although Im not sure whats protocol to use with Souveran)...

Good luck

ScottB
10-18-2006, 05:54 AM
What are you using as soap? the Poorboys Super Suds is excellent. Also, Im not sure if the FF Kit includes a Quick Detailer (QD) but you might want to get the Poorboys Spray and Gloss.. Or the Cleakote Quickshine... or maybe something with a bit more wax/carnuba to add to the protection instead of just quick detailing it... (although Im not sure whats protocol to use with Souveran)...

Good luck

:iagree: :iagree:

Add some Suds ... and add a Qd'er. Quikshine, Pinnacle Crystal Mist, and Poorboys Spray/Gloss are favs and add noticable differences between waxing sessions.

FloridaNative
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Welcome....

Looks like you are on your way!! The only thing I Might change is maybe use a different sealant. Its not to say the Klasse Sealant doesnt have its fans... But there are easier Sealants to apply/remove.. Namely the new DP Surface Shield Sealant. I just applied to to my car this weekend and its VERY easy to remove....
Allegedly you use the Klasse sealant for durability... so if you dont might an extra rubbing session, you could stick with that....

Like Alban said.... What are you using as soap? the Poorboys Super Suds is excellent. Also, Im not sure if the FF Kit includes a Quick Detailer (QD) but you might want to get the Poorboys Spray and Gloss.. Or the Cleakote Quickshine... or maybe something with a bit more wax/carnuba to add to the protection instead of just quick detailing it... (although Im not sure whats protocol to use with Souveran)...

Good luck

:iagree: The DP sealant is much easier to work with and yields a better looking finish. You truly have the best paste wax there is! Poorboy's super slick suds or the DP foam gun soap will give you plenty of cleaning and lubrication. Good car care all starts with washing so don't overlook it's importance. Most swirls come from improper washing and drying so having the right tools and products to wash and dry with are just as important as what you use to protect the vehicle. :)

Welcome to our little family. I hope you enjoy your time here. Congratulations on the new car. :)

Al-53
10-18-2006, 08:33 AM
you have some top shelf products there....BUT..loose the deep crystal shampoo....very harsh and low lubricity...wash your kitchen floor with it....

Get some good shampoo....get some DP soap...Mothers...Eagle 1...meg's gold class...some of these are sold by Geeks also...

but the deep cyrstal is a below average shampoo...remember the slicker the soap is wet..the less marring during the wash..

Al

FourEyes45
10-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks Guys for the information and Help. Now to get my order together.
Have a great Day.
Walter