PDA

View Full Version : HD Vid Review: Menzerna Power Lock Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

02blackout
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Made this upon request for those who wanted to see more about Power Lock besides just its sheeting effects. Enjoy!

Part 1:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAK42MwV9Vw]YouTube - (Pt1) Menzerna Power Lock Review[/video]

Part 2:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPfKjkh0GJM]YouTube - (Pt2) Menzerna Power Lock Review[/video]

Water Sheeting:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raN1AlTk4dk]YouTube - Menzerna Power Lock Sheeting[/video]

A4 1.8tqm
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
A great product on a beautiful car in high quality video. :props:

Next can we see the sheeting method used during the final rinse of your next wash? I bet you could dry the car with the flow of water alone! :D

TheGLL
03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Great review.
Looks like a good product.

agpatel
03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Great videos!

Mirror Detailing
03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Every time I see your car, even though its a V6, it makes me miss my old 03 black GT.

christian900se
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Thank you for the great review, way to take the time to create these videos! Do you find that it leaves any 'ghosting' behind on black paint?

I have that issue with nearly ever LSP I have every tried, but especially with sealants regardless of how much or how little I use.

02blackout
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Thank you everybody! I'll get a vid of sheeting after my next wash :xyxthumbs:

Thank you for the great review, way to take the time to create these videos! Do you find that it leaves any 'ghosting' behind on black paint?

I have that issue with nearly ever LSP I have every tried, but especially with sealants regardless of how much or how little I use.
Whats ghosting lol

mackdaddyhibble
03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Looks good,but what sealant did you use previously?and how does it compare?

christian900se
03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Thank you everybody! I'll get a vid of sheeting after my next wash :xyxthumbs:

Whats ghosting lol

Sorry, I should have mentioned what it is haha. It looks like random darker patches that are left over after buffing the product off; the darker areas take significantly more effort to remove. I am guessing you haven't had this issue though lol.

02blackout
03-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Looks good,but what sealant did you use previously?and how does it compare?
I previously used Klasse AIO topped with Purple Haze. Once the Purple Haze wore off, AIO was still beadin and sheetin! Nothing can compare to Power Lock :dblthumb2:

Sorry, I should have mentioned what it is haha. It looks like random darker patches that are left over after buffing the product off; the darker areas take significantly more effort to remove. I am guessing you haven't had this issue though lol.
Lol, I guess not too then! It's all a uniform deep, wet look.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Great video and excellent effort on your part! :props:

Lets not crown this sealant as the next thing to God since it's made by Menzerna. Honestly, if WGPS 3.0 was applied right next to it, im sure you couldn't tell the difference in the looks category, and the WGPS would probably be just as easy to remove. I think the *key* with all the "new" sealants is durability because they'll all look close to the same, IMO. Only time will tell with power lock.

02blackout
03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Great video and excellent effort on your part! :props:

Lets not crown this sealant as the next thing to God since it's made by Menzerna. Honestly, if WGPS 3.0 was applied right next to it, im sure you couldn't tell the difference in the looks category, and the WGPS would probably be just as easy to remove. I think the *key* with all the "new" sealants is durability because they'll all look close to the same, IMO. Only time will tell with power lock.
I'm pretty sure this sealant is some of Gods tears in a bottle.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure this sealant is some of Gods tears in a bottle.
:dblthumb2:

Looks like an awesome sealant as far as ease of use and looks, no doubt! I'm very curious to see how durable it is!

02blackout
03-12-2010, 12:32 AM
:dblthumb2:

Looks like an awesome sealant as far as ease of use and looks, no doubt! I'm very curious to see how durable it is!
I'm already testing it out! Every other Sunday I am going to wash my car and log its durability. Hopefully I wont get bored of it after doing it for 2 years. Im the MAN

WRAPT C5Z06
03-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm already testing it out! Every other Sunday I am going to wash my car and log its durability. Hopefully I wont get bored of it after doing it for 2 years. Im the MAN
Good stuff!

LOL @ after 2 years!