PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant

sullysdetailing
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
All I have to say is WOW, this stuff is amazing. From what I have noticed it looks (to me) the same as WGDG 3.0. The only difference from what I have seen is WGDG is WOWO and Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant is wipe on wait till it dries and wipe off. It is very easy to remove even if you apply to much. The Shine is great. I just do not knw ow long it will last, only time will tell.

loudog2
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 is not a wipe on wipe off(WOWO) sealant. The directions on the bottle say to let it sit 45 min.

sullysdetailing
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Wrong, I just looked at both of my bottles and no where does it say you have to wait 45 minutes before you wipe it off.

loudog2
03-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Here are the directions off AG's website. I guess they are wrong too? Pay attention to #4

Directions:

1. Wash your vehicle using Wolfgang Auto Bathe or your favorite shampoo. Dry completely.

2. For the best results, use a paint cleanser like Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer to remove mild imperfections and wax build-up.

3. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

4. Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

5. This product is moisture-sensitive. In order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Do not apply sealant before dusk because dew will interfere with the adhesion to the paint. Park your vehicle in a garage or under a shelter while it is curing, if possible.

6. Use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant to boost the gloss and protection any time with even more reflective Super Polymers.

sullysdetailing
03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Sorry about that. I always use the swipe method with any wax or sealant. I use my finger and swipe a section to see if it is dry them I remove the sealant or wax

loudog2
03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Those sealants need to bond and out gas a little before buffing off. I'm liking that power lock more and more.

agpatel
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry about that. I always use the swipe method with any wax or sealant. I use my finger and swipe a section to see if it is dry them I remove the sealant or wax

99.9% of the time a sealant will pass the wipe test, it is the cross-linking that is taking place that needs to be completed, thus you have the waiting time. :props:

arkus
03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
I like to let my sealants dry an hour or more . This will ensure that they have bonded fully .

1999grad
04-04-2010, 05:10 AM
One question about this new product by Menzerna, and a hello to everyone for my first post: is it made by Menzerna of Germany or by some other company as used to happen with the older Menzerna sealants? (FMJ, Acrylic Shield etc. were sold under the Menzerna brand but manufactured by other company, which didn't prevent them from being excellent products, by the way)
Thanks

Bunky
04-04-2010, 05:38 AM
I do think if it is needs to wait 45 min it should state so on the product. People read these labels and take them very literally so clarity is important.

ScottB
04-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Its a great product, and super easy to use. I find about 10-15 minutes minimum is needed before buffing but environments (heat, humidity) could be different.