PDA

View Full Version : Newer to forum

MobolWerks
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey everyone! I was recently speaking with Mike and he had mentioned that I ought to introduce myself and tell everyone a little about my experience level, etc.

I guess I'll just kinda bullet point it, so I don't drag on to much:)

A) Background in finish carpentry which has enabled me to pick up the operation of new tools fairly quickly - i.e. machine polishing

B) Background in carpet and upholstery cleaning which I am actually certified in through the IICRC and work as the senior trainer at a company in Atlanta

C) Have been detailing since I was very young, but am still learning new technologies and theories about "best practices", mainly in regards to selants, polishes, etc.

D) New to machine polishing, but as I mentioned earlier, I feel pretty comfortable with the tool, but certainly have a lot to learn about the polishes and compounds, as well as particular pad choices.

E) I am interested in moving forward with detailing services, using only the absolute, finest quality products on the market;

My current line-up is Wolfgang Auto Bathe, P21S TAW, 2-Bucket Method, 303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner, Flex 3401 with CCS Pads, Menzerna and Wolfgang Polishes, Wolfgang DG Paint Sealant, Klasse Sealant Glaze, P21S Concours Look Carnauba Wax, Wolfgang Poly Clay and WG Clay Lube, Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer and Wolfgang Detail Spritz

My current shopping list is M105/M205, Menzerna PO85RD, Yellow Cutting Pad, Gold Jewling Pad, and possibly a Flex Lightweight Rotary and applicable pads for more severe defects

Also, doing research on a few metal polishes - mainly interested in Wolfgang, P21S, and Menzerna metal polishes - mainly because of thier safety attributes

Finally, my vehicles include a 2004 (White) Toyota Sequoia SR5, a 2003 (Silver) Lexus ES300, and a 2000 (White) Ford E-150 - work van

As towards my detailing business goes, I have finished my logo's, website layout, business cards, etc., and am now in the process of finishing up my business license, insurance coverage, etc. - So far I only detail friends and family vehicles, but will be up and running within the next 30 days or so.

I plan to begin this company slowly, as I do not want to over sell my abilities - Once I am proficiant in all areas, I will then begin a large-scale marketing program, and actually hire experienced detailers to work for me as independant contractors. Mainly because I have a great job, and do not want to give up the income. I will also wait until I am at the point where I can write a very precise training manual of standards and practices for all future contractors I bring on board.

I do want to do some detailing myself, as I love doing it, but I will probably stick to the marketing end of the business, performing actual detailing services for only my very best customers.

Mike Phillips
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Now that's an introduction!

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

pushtiulk
03-10-2010, 02:44 PM
:welcome:

MobolWerks
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys! Lookin forward to learning a lot:)

ScottB
03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
welcome indeed ... and so far you have some great questions that all benefit from on forum so congrats !!