PDA

View Full Version : High Gloss interior finish?

Pages : [1] 2

Brennan Beasley
03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I have always stuck to DP interior stuff or 1z for a natural or matte look. But I have one exotic customer that insists on a extremely shiny interior. I tried Meguiars nxt Cockpit shine and he said it looked pretty good. Are there any others you would recommend normally my customers like natural or matte.

JonM
03-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Armor all lol. That stuff is like grease.

Brennan Beasley
03-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Is there anything less grease more shine?? Or something close to the NXT Cockpit shine but in more profesional line. Never liked armorall any others?

Shane731
03-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Even better: Armor All Ultra Shine protectant

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zv0Eue2gL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Although he's probably going to have an inch of dust in his interior within a week. LOL

Shane731
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Could try a Black Magic product. I've never used any Black Magic products myself, so I couldn't say what they're like. Or try a Turtle Wax protectant. I kinda doubt you're going to get that shiny, greasy, put-your-finger-in-your-mouth-and-gag type finish with any real "professional products". Probably have to go to your local auto parts store and get something would be my guess.

mackdaddyhibble
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
I like megs D180 leather cleaner and conditioner,but Im dying to try the new Collinite leather and vinyl treatment .

ScottB
03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
How about brake fluid ?? (just joking) I cannot imagine the reflections off an already high gloss finish but to each their own. If he was just looking for deep black then I would suggest Einszett Cockpit Classic aerosol.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
PB Trim Restorer don't forget to buff it with cotton after it dries.... Steve said "tell him to get ready to wear sunglasses" haha

Brennan Beasley
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Ill give it a whirl got it added to the cart!!

Grizzly
03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Where is everyone thinking Armor All is some greasy product. Its water based and actually does a nice job of dressing tires.

akimel
03-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Go with Hyper Dressing and dilute it to your preferred shine.

Shane731
03-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Where is everyone thinking Armor All is some greasy product. Its water based and actually does a nice job of dressing tires.

This is from the MSDS sheet:

III Hazardous Ingredients

Ingredients: Silicone Emulsion
Concentration: 30 - 40%
Worker Exposure Limit: Not established

You can view the MSDS sheet from this site (http://www.thecloroxcompany.com/products/msds/). All I know is, it was greasy and a dust collector when I used it, and I assume it's still the same way.

Lasthope05
03-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Emulsions are mixtures of different liquids. In armor all's case that is a water and silicone emulsion thus it is water based.

If you look at NXT tech protect's msds. The hazardous chemical is Isoalkanes or Isoparaffins. Isoparaffins are a petroleum by-product so in actuality NXT tech protect is a petroleum based product.

Shane731
03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Emulsions are mixtures of different liquids. In armor all's case that is a water and silicone emulsion thus it is water based.

If you look at NXT tech protect's msds. The hazardous chemical is Isoalkanes or Isoparaffins. Isoparaffins are a petroleum by-product so in actuality NXT tech protect is a petroleum based product.

Interesting. Doesn't really matter, as I don't use either product. I like Meguiar's Supreme Shine the best. :xyxthumbs:

zinc02gt
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Go with Hyper Dressing and dilute it to your preferred shine.

This. Try 1:1 for high gloss.