PDA

View Full Version : Quick Poorboy's World Swirl Removers question

Pages : [1] 2

thatick
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Quick question. Do these polishes use Diminishing Abrasives vs. Non Diminishing Abrasives? Thanks

Edited for 2nd question: What polishes would you suggest for a beginner?

ronkh57
03-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Diminishing Abrasives

kronos
03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
If you want to stick with the Poorboys's line, I'd definitely go with, ascending in order of aggressiveness, SSR1, SSR2, and either SSR2.5 or SSR3. It's a fine line with good value and is more workable in the sun than most polishes.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Quick question. Do these polishes use Diminishing Abrasives vs. Non Diminishing Abrasives? Thanks

Edited for 2nd question: What polishes would you suggest for a beginner?

They have Diminishing Abrasives in them..... I would stick with the SSR line get 1 2 and 2.5 no need for three really unless your a pro.... very easy to work with and they give exceptional results :xyxthumbs:

thatick
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Where does the Pro Polish fit in with the swirl remover line?

kronos
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I believe its more of a chemical cleaner than an abrasive one, although it does have the ability to remove minor swirls. I have PB Polish with Sealant and use it on new cars. I can attest that it does have minor correction capabilities, but for heavy swirl removal, you'd definitely need the SSR line. They're fine polishes and I'm sure you'd be very happy with them.

thatick
03-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Thats what i thought but then looking at autogeeks polish chart ( Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) )
it lists pro polish as a medium swirl remover between SR2 and SR2.5 and that really confused me.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I believe its more of a chemical cleaner than an abrasive one, although it does have the ability to remove minor swirls. I have PB Polish with Sealant and use it on new cars. I can attest that it does have minor correction capabilities, but for heavy swirl removal, you'd definitely need the SSR line. They're fine polishes and I'm sure you'd be very happy with them.

Thats what i thought but then looking at autogeeks polish chart ( Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) )
it lists pro polish as a medium swirl remover between SR2 and SR2.5 and that really confused me.

Actually the cool thing about PP is that it can remove wet sanding marks as well as be used as a final polish...... it is a "pad dependent" product and it can be used on just about anything lol chrome glass paint plastic it does it all :props: so the more bite the pad has the more bite the polish got :buffing:

Emm
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
So can pro polish remove swirls?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
So can pro polish remove swirls?

Pro Polish can remove wet sanding marks if used with an aggressive pad ..... and it can also be used as a finishing polish with a soft pad. PP is one of Poorboy's World hidden jems that everyone over looks lol. It can do it all from glass plastic paint everything :props:

Emm
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Pro Polish can remove wet sanding marks if used with an aggressive pad ..... and it can also be used as a finishing polish with a soft pad. PP is one of Poorboy's World hidden jems that everyone over looks lol. It can do it all from glass plastic paint everything :props:

What type of polish is in world polish with sealant? Is it the same as pro polish. Can world polish with sealant remove swirls?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
What type of polish is in world polish with sealant? Is it the same as pro polish. Can world polish with sealant remove swirls?

PM sent :props:

JBL
10-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Hope you don't mind my reviving an old thread Pockets...

I hit my 2008 Honda Accord this weekend with the PBs arsenal. I started with the Professional Polish and did a test spot with a microfiber pad by hand. I noticed it hologrammed a LOT, so I stepped down through the different pads I had until I found that a foam pad worked really well.

But it didn't correct like I was realistically hoping (for doing this by hand I mean). It made me wonder about the SSR1. On AG's abrasiveness chart, SSR1 comes after Pro-Polish (less cut). I'm assuming this is correct? I began wondering if I could've continued with the PP and MF pads for more correction, then come over it with the SSR1 and foam would I have gotten more of a correction?

Like I said, this is a 2008 Honda Accord which will apparently swirl if you even talk about it funny.

That being said, I'm in the street, out in the sun and for doing this all by hand, I'm totally happy with what my car is looking like as a detailing noob. There are swirls that will have to wait for a machine one day, but we'll see.

Wash, Clay, Pro-Polish, Black Hole Glaze, EX-P and some #845...she's gonna handle a Philly winter like a boss!

JBL
10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Bumping this in hopes it's spotted.

BTW...it's raining here today and the car looks awesome. I can't wait to hit the brakes hard and watch 5 gallons of water race off of my roof and hood. :D

NickNickNick
06-25-2015, 01:33 PM

Any answer to this question?
Would really help me with my product decision.

Thanks!
Nick