PDA

View Full Version : Winter detail...

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
10-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Winter is coming (well, it's not a real winter in Sacramento, it doesn't snow, although I visit South Lake Tahoe often, and it snows there). So I'm thinking of a good plan of protection, that I'm planning to do within 3 weeks or so (still have a coat of Liquid Souveran, that I applied a couple weeks ago).

Strip off carnauba and start with Klasse Twins (AIO, then 2 coats of SG 12-24 hours apart). Then top it off with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran x2.

Or go with a different sealant like Menzerna FMJ x2 (Final Polish II to strip off coat of carnauba first). Then apply a couple coats of carnauba.

Or a thinrd option I was thinking about was DP sealant new formula. Again 2 coats of sealant, then two coats of carnauba wax.

Of carnauba waxes, I was also thinking about using DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty Blue or Meguiar's #16. I am not planning to use Pinnacle Souveran paste this winter. I'll save it so summer.

Let me know what you guys/gals think. Again, I do like trying different combos. Thanks in advance.

Grimm
10-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Don't be afraid to try Collinite if you want real protection. Consensus is that it doesn't look as good as many waxes, but I just put two coats on my black car and it looks pretty dang good and should last a long time.

FloridaNative
10-17-2006, 06:53 AM
I would love to see the DP sealant coupled with the Max Wax, it won't be the most durable combination of the ones you listed there, but oh, it would be so beautiful and shiny. :)

supercharged
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks. Any other combos?

wytstang
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
My plan of attack (cause I hate cold weather and will not be doing ANY washing of mine and the wifes car) is PB EX-P x2 (24hr apart) toped with #16 x2. With #16 along I got almost 4 months in south Fl summer so this should get me by with ease.

supercharged
10-17-2006, 01:21 PM
My plan of attack (cause I hate cold weather and will not be doing ANY washing of mine and the wifes car) is PB EX-P x2 (24hr apart) toped with #16 x2. With #16 along I got almost 4 months in south Fl summer so this should get me by with ease.
No washing during winter?:eek:
If I were you I would at least do a no rinse wash with DP 4 in 1 rinseless wash and shine.

aceshigh73
10-17-2006, 01:22 PM

Charleston, SC and cold..... :rolleyes:

aceshigh73
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Winter is coming (well, it's not a real winter in Sacramento, it doesn't snow, although I visit South Lake Tahoe often, and it snows there). So I'm thinking of a good plan of protection, that I'm planning to do within 3 weeks or so (still have a coat of Liquid Souveran, that I applied a couple weeks ago).

Strip off carnauba and start with Klasse Twins (AIO, then 2 coats of SG 12-24 hours apart). Then top it off with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran x2.

Or go with a different sealant like Menzerna FMJ x2 (Final Polish II to strip off coat of carnauba first). Then apply a couple coats of carnauba.

Or a thinrd option I was thinking about was DP sealant new formula. Again 2 coats of sealant, then two coats of carnauba wax.

Of carnauba waxes, I was also thinking about using DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty Blue or Meguiar's #16. I am not planning to use Pinnacle Souveran paste this winter. I'll save it so summer.

Let me know what you guys/gals think. Again, I do like trying different combos. Thanks in advance.

On my car I plan on 2 coats of DP Sealant and then a couple coats of a nuba.... Just trying to decide on which....
One one hand, NB is probably more durable than MW, BUT (and this is the nail biter!) MW is probably 10x easier to apply and remove, so another coat on a nice day will be easier to apply....
Decisions... Decisions....

Padron
10-17-2006, 02:45 PM
EX-P and 476 for me, maintain with OCW / AW...

ryandamartini
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
If I can get a sample of the sealant, id gladly put some of my maxwax over it :D

sparkie
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
This one!

I don't think you need Liquid Souveran times two, maybe one coat.

supercharged
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
This one!

I don't think you need Liquid Souveran times two, maybe one coat.

Thanks, Sparkie. That's what I was thinking of doing. Klasse alone (2 coats) should last through winter, And liquid Souveran should make finish looking wet.
But I still haven't decided yet. Maybe give a coat of #16 after sealant, then top it off with liquid Souveran for maximum durability. Carnauba is more resistant to bird droppings that's why it's a must for me. For winter rain, snow, and salt I wanna make sure I also have a coat of sealant.

MikeyC
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I just started prepping my car for the winter. First I polished with Poorboy's Pro Polish to strip everything down. Then I spot polished some marring with XMT 2. Then I put on one layer of DP Premium Surface Shield (new formula). I also put a coating of DP Spray Sealant on the wheels and DP Gloss Tire Gel on the tires. This is what it looks like so far . . .

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6782/img1391ne4.jpg

Next, I'll put another coat of Spray Sealant on the wheels, another coat of DP PSS on the paint, and then top it off with a coat of Collonite 845.

sparkie
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
MikeyC, give me more pics! Sweet ride. But really more pics.

Supercharge, I put Liquid Souveran on my truck about 6 or 8 weeks ago, and it's still slick!

supercharged
10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Sweet! Have you tried Wheel Glaze on wheels?