PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a rotary, what pads? Edge2K Wave pads or Edge2K regular pads?

Avengeance
10-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Kinda curious.... should I go with the wave pads or regular? I currently use a PC7424 with the Edge2K pads and love my orange 6" pad. I wonder why they dont make a orange wave pad?

FWIW Im ordering a Hitachi from AG.. I was going to place the order tonight but held off to get opinions on this subject.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

BILL
10-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Give them a call over at A.G..........Sure they will help out.......

http://www.autogeek.net/buffer-polisher.html

FloridaNative
10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I would think the wave pads would be safer as they would probably be cooler than the regular ones, but I don't own a rotary so I"m just guessing. I agree with Bill that you should either call Jason at AG or maybe Aaron over at Edge. They will get you pointed in the right direction. :)

XterraOverload
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Justin posted he thought the wave pads let more heat excape. So I will have to go with FN on this and say the wave pads will get the job done well and with a little less heat.
FN this is for you...........I know how much you like it.:iagree:

Surfer
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Wave pads will allow less risk of burning through paint. Flat ones build up heat concentrated in one area (pad), the wave type let some heat escape which is helpful when using a rotary.

Avengeance
10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Cool deal.. thanks for the suggestions! I also spoke with Aaron in emails and he too suggested the Wave pads. :)