PDA

View Full Version : Drying Lake Country Foam Pads

mcpp66
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
How do you guys dry your pads after washing them by hand? More specifically, do any of you use the dryer? Is that safe for the pads? I have CCS pads, flat pads, and the CCS Euro hand pads (I think that's what they're called). Thanks.

5.4 Shelby
03-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I wring mine out to get as much water out as possible. Then I put them on the DA and spin the excess water out. I stand them on their side to let water drain down them. I like that better than face down. Not much air gets to them face down.

Have never tried the dryer.

Harleyguy
03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I put my mine on a drying rack after i wash them by hand and wring out as much water as i can.The drying rack is one of those wooden ones they sell at Walmart and they fold up also.

mcpp66
03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you guys are. I was just wondering if they're dryer safe. For some reason I have a feeling they're not, but I really don't know.

02blackout
03-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol just get some pad cleaner and use it in a bucket of water. After you use the pads just put them in the solution to let them soak. After a bit (or however long it doesnt matter) brush them with a toothbrush and wash them in the citrus solution. Wring the pad out over the solution bucket to get the remaining solution out. Then rinse under water in the sink to get any remaining solution out. The solution bucket lasts awhile too. No need to throw it out after every few pads.

To dry- After you have throughly rinsed the pad out with fresh water, smush it in a towel to get water out. Put the pad on your polisher and turn it on. Excess water just shoots out. Smush the pad in the towel more and the pad will be totally clean and dry!

Yes I know I said solution a million times lol

Truitt
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_3358_small.JPG

After spinning them on the buffer, I like to put them on a box fan set on low. I have my fan facing up. Some of the smaller pads need some extra weight to keep them from blowing around - small blocks of wood work well.

A concern about blowing dust into the pads was mentioned in another post. I haven't had a problem with dust, but it would probably be a good idea to put a filter under the fan.

Anyway, this setup works well even in my relatively cool (about 50 f), humid garage.

thatick
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
The fan is GREAT!!!

MisterShark
03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I have my fan facing up. Some of the smaller pads need some extra weight to keep them from blowing around

Try it with the fan blowing the air the other way: it'll pull the moisture right out of the pads and you don't have to worry about them popping up.