PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with my prices

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kris R
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Ive been building up my website for customers to browse AND just uploaded a price sheet. I had a call the other day for work and i directed them to the site and never heard from them.

I have a full time job. I dont need to detail for a living. And I want to do correction and restoration work. High end detailing not the local quick wash wax for a few bucks. I offer a basic detail that starts at $100 but its a pretty thorough detail. And thats the car price.But I seem to be scaring off the average person even though my prices are reasonable. Can you guys take a look and give some advice on my price sheet? Thanks

Polished Works » Packages and Pricing (http://polishedworks.com/packages-and-pricing/)

Wax Gorilla
03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm with you Chris. I don't need practice at this after 35 years. If I can't get my price I simply thank them for considering me for a quote and respectfully let them know if they are in need of my level of service I will be happy to do business with them at a future date.

Birdhunter
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I know what you are talking about. I too have a small business (just a hobby) because I work 12 hour swing. I just started last year and things were slow, but I did find myself doing mostly paint corrections. I charged from $200-$250 and for some reason people would go for that. I have also been charging $100 for interiors. I hope to build up a maintenance program with the people I do paint corrections for and that should be plenty.

Kris R
03-07-2010, 09:17 PM
yeah. i know what im worth. and frankly when i give work away im just not that into it. I need to get out of the midset of doing anything for business and just stick to my guns.

Let me know what you guys think of the site too...

dave_from_here
03-07-2010, 09:46 PM
You have a very nice web site and your prices are more than reasonable. I mean the shop where I used to work at, when I used to detail for a living, we would charge twice as much for daily drivers and lets not talk about show cars ...

mackdaddyhibble
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice site,but Id say stick to your prices,you just need to tap into you target market.I dont detail for a living,but ppl dont realize its a lot of work.Some ppl are used to a quicky,thats cheap, fast,and doesnt last long so theyre back in no time,thats why they go to the car wash for a detail.Give it some time,target higher end customers,with deeper pockets,ask for referrals.If I did detail for money Id want to be compasated properly for my services,too.

JohnnyC
03-07-2010, 10:20 PM
It's kind of tuff right now with the economy being the way it is . people are finding it harder to let go of their money.I know the end of last year i started to see a steady drop off and once the weather starts getting better i'll be able to see whether this is going to be a good or bad year.Hang in there things should improve.

Pie
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I think people just don't understand how much time it takes to do some of these things. The person who called probably feels an automatic car wash is a better deal at $10 and taking 5 mins.

PAR Detailing
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I believe your prices are more than fair. I am also currently in the process of getting my site built up and what not and I am trying to figure out my prices but if you know what your are worth and it is a side job then stick to it. Your prices are reasonable in my opinion. Educate your customers, I feel if you do that then they have no room to B****. If they do then as Waxgorilla said politely say no thanks. I believe water seeks its own level in that you will get what you deserve it just may take some time and a few as I call them "rain maker" clients who refer you to everyone they know.

Best of luck to you, I hope you find that "rain maker" client soon
Jon

JohnnyC
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Real nice web site, Your pricing is fine:buffing::buffing::buffing:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Kris,

Does your basic detail include clay bar treatment? Just curious..

Kris R
03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Kris,

Does your basic detail include clay bar treatment? Just curious..

Not a full claybar...If I come across some bug or grime that I cant get off I will clay it. I clay plastic headlights and windshields. But the full treatment comes with a polish.

thanks for the reassurance! that means a lot. And thanks for checking out the site.

Kris

LincolnZephyr2006
03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Your paint correction is actually very cheap.

Streetlife
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Same thing has happened to me here in Houston. Trust me in every industry of service there are customers that are trying to get something for nothing, your prices are very reasonable to me.:props:

sullysdetailing
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Your paint correction and swirl removal prices seem really low. I would charge by hour instead of a fit rate. Most detailer charge 75-80 and hour so charge $40-%40 an hour you will be getting around $300-$500 for a full correction.

You should offer a 1-step correction and full correction. Make your one step correction a fixed price and make your full correction hourly.