PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Advice?

Kris R
03-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I have a rigid shop van right now thats been doing the trick quite well for a few years. I keep the filter clean and it has a lot of suction. I just bought a longer rubber hose and some great attatchments. Im toying with the idea of getting an air compressor so I can dry the engine bay and cracks of a vehicle after washing, but then thought about geting a vac and blow.

After thinking about it I think I still want the compressor (Porter Cable Job Boss) but I want to look into getting a better vac. Should I stick with the shop vac or does the vac and blo work better?

Truitt
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I've picked up quite a few vacuum cleaners over the years. I have a vac-n-blow that I now use exclusively as a blower. It's a good vacuum, but I get better results from my Rigid.

detailguy71
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I only use Shop Vacs. the one i currently use is the smaller 5-gal 5.5 hp model. It has excellent suction and even comes with a blower. Just my opinion.

Kris R
03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah I think Im gonna go with the compressor and stick with the shop vac. thanks for the advice.

trek
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I have this (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00917066000P?vName=Tools&sName=Wet-Dry+Vacuums&cName=Shop+Vacs+%26+Dust+Collection) Wet/Dry Vac/Blower and love it....kills 2 birds with 1 stone :xyxthumbs:

Craftsman 16-gal 6.5-peak hp Wet/Dry Vac with Detachable 265 mph Blower

Product Description

The Craftsman® 16 gallon portable, large capacity wet/dry vac with detachable blower provides the power to tackle any job. The vac features a detachable handheld blower that produces 265 MPH of air speed to help with yard maintenance.

Specialty wet/dry vac with detachable hand held blower
Double as a 265 MPH detachable blower
Easily move throughout workspace with 20' cord
Convenient 7' hose is useful for various clean-up jobs
2-1/2" diameter hose maximizes pick up performance
Hose stays connected with Pos-I-Lock™ feature
9Accessories included