PDA

View Full Version : Time is Money

I Shine
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I have been detailing my cars and cars of family and friends. I have been kicking around the idea of detailing as a part time business. In order to make money I really need to pick up my speed. What methods do the professionals here use to be more time efficient while still providing quality work? Time is money. Are there certain sequences that I should employ to optimize my time?

Thanks

Garry Dean
03-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I have been detailing my cars and cars of family and friends. I have been kicking around the idea of detailing as a part time business. In order to make money I really need to pick up my speed. What methods do the professionals here use to be more time efficient while still providing quality work? Time is money. Are there certain sequences that I should employ to optimize my time?

Thanks

Speed comes with experience! As for sequences, unfortunately, you will need to find out what from start to finish works best for you, as everyone is different. I personally begin with the interior, then engine bay, then wheels and tires, then I work on paint. This is assuming there is no paint correction involved, in which case I would do wheels and tires, then engine bay, then detail/polish the paint before detailing the interior. Trial and error are your best bet to find a system that works best for you.

Wax Gorilla
03-07-2010, 09:02 AM
The Three T's - Tools , Technique & Tenacity ! There is no substitute for any of the three. Also to look professional have a Printed Menu of Services with Pricing. If you wish to discount off of that because the vehicle is in above average condition to start you will look very accomodating. If you just walk up to a car and start shooting out prices it will look as if you are pricing the job to the customers wallet instead of the actual work required. My Life Long Business Motto has always been "Written Agreements prevent Disagreeemnts"