PDA

View Full Version : Meguiers Mercedes Benz products

Joel79
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I was recently at my local MB dealership. I saw that they had a line of waxes and polishs branded for Mercedes Benz and made by Meguiers. Is this line just a rebranding of their reegular products or a special formulation for the Benz/Feed back pleaseFeed back please

Shane731
03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
From meguiars.com: The Meguiar's Legacy (http://www.meguiars.com/legacy/):

Internationally, Meguiar’s ever-expanding global operations include its headquarters in Hong Kong and its subsidiary offices in Toronto, Paris, and Sydney. Meguiar's intense focus on training and performance, as well as product quality, have captured the respect of carmakers like BMW and Mercedes-Benz that partner with Meguiar’s worldwide. Meguiar’s serves as a consultant to most of the major carmakers around the world on paint quality and paint correction issues in their assembly plants and at the dealership level. In addition, Meguiar’s often provides private label appearance car care products to car manufacturers to sell under their own name through their dealership parts departments. Today’s high-tech, clear-coat finishes require a complete re-education on how to keep these new finishes in "show room" condition. Meguiar’s provides in-depth training through its own, on-site technical facilities, mobile training centers, detailed technical data sheets and training videos.

Meguiar’s technicians work closely with the automotive paint manufacturers, car manufacturers, car dealers, body shops and detailers to keep their products state of the art and user friendly. This provides the competitive edge for Meguiar’s consumer products.

While Meguiar’s corporate headquarters are in Irvine, CA, they manufacture their products in their 200,000-sq. ft., state-of-the-art production facility in Nashville, TN.

Also see this thread: Mercedes Benz Brand Cleaning Products - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/detailing-car-care/1196311-mercedes-benz-brand-cleaning-products.html)

Joel79
03-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks Shane

I appreciate the quick and detailed response. I found it veryinteresting

Mike Phillips
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
LOL

I wrote the label copy for the Mercedes-Benz Line, also the Mopar Line, Ethan-Allen, Henredon and Velocity...

:)

StephenK
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda motorcycle dealerships have "thier" own line of cleaning supplies for the motorcycles and if i remember all it is is relabled Eagle One products. maybe wrong on who it is but as far as i know all vehicle companys just have name brand products relabled to "their" own so they can say it was made just for thier cars paints and is the best for that car

Wax Gorilla
03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
The current Mercedes Line in the Silver Bottles and Bagged Kits is not Meguiars. Meguiars Line of Mercedes Products stopped in 2008 as far as I know. They were always in Black Bottles and also came in a nice wash Bucket as a master kit. That being said both the Meguiars and the current line which is made in Germany were and are outstanding !

Joel79
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. The products I saw were in the brownish color that Meguiers uses. Also the lettering was the same as the Meguiers including the Meguier name logo.
Your responses were a great help.

01GreyStangGT
03-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Does Meguiar's make waxes for Ford and General Motors as well?

Matt
03-08-2010, 04:20 AM
I'd love a list of who makes what for different car manufacturers in terms of detailing products.

I guess we can start compiling them if everyone chimes in who makes what.

I believe some Toyota/ Lexus detailing products are made by the German company Wurth.

Mike Phillips
03-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. The products I saw were in the brownish color that Meguiar's uses. Also the lettering was the same as the Meguiar's including the Meguairs's name logo.
Your responses were a great help.

Take a picture when you get a chance next time you're at your local MB dealership. Where are you located?

I've never seen the MG product for MB in a tan bottle, the products worked on were in black bottles.

:)

Wax Gorilla
03-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Mike,

Here is the link to the Official Car care Products that replaced Meguiars a few years back.

Automotive (http://accessories.mbusa.com/Automotive/)

Joel79
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Mike, I apologize. The bottles were probably black. My recollection was confused by the labels which were a deep gold and covered } almost the entire front of the bottles. I am from Long Island, NY.
Again I apologize for the error. I;ll be more careful in the future (I hope)