PDA

View Full Version : kitchen stainless steel

_M_
03-06-2010, 11:38 AM
wanted to get your opinions on what might work best?

we just bought a new house and it has a pretty high end stove and huge stainless hood. the previous owners didnt really care for it the way it should have been cared for so it has some minor marring, a few scratches here and there.

i was thinking flitz and a buffing ball...any other suggestions, and are there any protective measures i can take for the future.

thanks

jpegs13
03-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I use Zep stainless steel cleaner. If there are scratches, they can be removed with a Scotch Brite Pad. BUT, when you use the pad it's abrasive, so I use a 4' level as a straight edge to ensure I'm aligned with the existing "brushed stainless" markings

_M_
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
good idea thanks

richy
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I just recently tried some P21 polishing soap and it did a great job. Also tried the Collinite metal polish but I think I liked the P21 better.

MikeyC
03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Stainless steel is a major PITA. All my appliances have it. I found a product called Stainless Steel Magic that is hands down the best SS kitchen appliance cleaner I've ever used. It was recommended to me by the appliance store I bought my stuff in. I've bought it a few places like Lowe's & Ace Hardware. I've seen it a few other places too but I don't remember where else.

Buy some. You won't regret it.

JohnHenry
03-07-2010, 03:06 AM
I just recently tried some P21 polishing soap and it did a great job. Also tried the Collinite metal polish but I think I liked the P21 better.

+1 for P21S Polishing Soap

wdmaccord
12-18-2014, 01:38 PM
So I tried some S100 polishing soap on my fridge today. Had a lot of black stuff coming off. Is that normal and should I keep going with the S100 until there is no longer black stuff coming off?

qzyksw
12-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I use KORKAY all purpose cleaner. It is great. I think it is only available on-line.

brondondolon
12-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I fear that polishing it might remove the grain a little bit if you really go at it. A good polish for stainless though is bar keepers friend which can be found at any hardware store. It comes in a cardboard can like ajax. Then to shine it up use some shelia shine or wd-40. Sounds ghetto using wd-40 but trust me on this one.