PDA

View Full Version : P21s

MrThumbs
03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually I have two questions here, if you can bear with me:

#1 Does P21S remove the PB Wheel Sealant. If so what can I use (besides WG Auto Bathe or similar to wash the brake dust off? There is no cleaners in the PBWS, is there?

#2. I believe I read somewhere around here that Megs NXT has a cleaner in it. If that's so does it remove all of the previous coating that was put on? Before I put my summer driver away I put about 6 coats of NXT on it. If this is true that it has a cleaner I only put on one coat 6 times.

As you can probably tell by my questions I am fairly new here and just a guy that wants to keep his stuff nice. I do do a lot of reading on this forum and I do have more questions but they will come later.

Since I've started reading here I decided to remove the NXT and applied 3M swirl remover, Scratch X, WG paint polish , WG paint sealant 2 coats 24 hrs apart, 2 coats of Liquid Souvergn (Free Sample) so far. All by hand and now my arms need a rest , but the car looks a lot better than with the NXT.

However I still have 2 more cars with the NXT on them. They also have 6 coats on them. I like the NXT for a relative quick shine, but was concerned about the durability (hence all the applications).

ScottB
03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
1. Yes most wheel cleaners will remove a wheel wax or sealant

2. NXT does contain a light cleaner and likely will remove some of a previous layer IMO. Probably best to stick to two levels for complete coverage. I dont believe their Spray Booster carrys any type of cleaner and might help for additional layers.

pushtiulk
03-06-2010, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine made a review between 1Z Wheel Cleaner and Bilberry and both of them are not wax or sealant safe. So, like killrwheels@autogeek said, most wheel cleaners will remove the was or sealant.

MrThumbs
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
First, Thanks for responding to my questions.

There was a World of Wheels custom car show here this weekend and Meguires was there. I stopped and asked them about the NXT. They (the 2 fellas manning the booth) said that the NXT has no cleaners and the spray booster also has none.
I also managed to have a discussion with about three (that's what it started out with) people about the MG#40 compared to the new Ultimate Protectant. The new stuff didn't come out the winner at that one. By the time I left there was a few more that got into the discussion and the result was I'm going to stay with the #40.The Meguires guys just said I should try it for myself.

What I kept thinking about as I was walking around was what an opportunity for AG. With your wide product selection, combined product knowledge, and throw in a PC7424xp demonstration touting the finished product, it could have been productive. I was really surprised at the amount of cars there that could use a GOOD detailing.