PDA

View Full Version : dent removal??

guess23959
03-05-2010, 10:43 PM
i know this isnt a body shop forum, but i thought id ask anyway to see what kinda responses i get.
-aluminum foil
-lighter
-co2 dust blower
to remove dents, (creased, big, and dings of all kinds) is this true or no? if not, what would be a good way to remove dents at home in the driveway without the stupid dingking and without welding rods and pulling the dent, and drilling, pulling, filling the hole, sanding, and painting???
thx

markm
03-06-2010, 12:04 AM
i know this isnt a body shop forum, but i thought id ask anyway to see what kinda responses i get.
-aluminum foil
-lighter
-co2 dust blower
to remove dents, (creased, big, and dings of all kinds) is this true or no? if not, what would be a good way to remove dents at home in the driveway without the stupid dingking and without welding rods and pulling the dent, and drilling, pulling, filling the hole, sanding, and painting???
thxI saw the demos on youtube too. I tried it and it didn't do a thing. What was said was the newer cans of dust off don't get as cold as the old formula.

sup3rn0th1ng
03-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I tried to CO2 dust blower and it worked a little bit, but not what was shown on a youtube vid.

guess23959
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
ok, i dont think im gonna do that then. ill just go to a paintless dent removal place. thx guys

feslope
03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I tried it with Dry Ice in 100+ degree heat with sun beating down on surface. I applied the treatment to three different dings. ABSOLUTLY did not work, at all.

guess23959
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
hmmm, i wish i knew the catch. this looks like a job for mythbusters!