PDA

View Full Version : Added another polisher to my arsenal...

WRAPT C5Z06
03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I love my Flex 3401 and don't plan on selling it. However, it really has gotten on my nerves of late that I have to fight the polisher on any panels that are curved or not completely flat! So, I opted for the GG 6" ROP. The lack of forced rotation will allow me to polish any non-flat panel without the polisher trying to run away. The GG is a very powerful DA! I can also use 4" pads with the GG which will come in very handy! :buffing:

A4 1.8tqm
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Nice pickup, being able to use the smaller pads will definitely come in handy.

Lasthope05
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I thought you didnt like the feel of the griots polisher and tried to return it on TID?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I thought you didnt like the feel of the griots polisher and tried to return it on TID.
No.

I never bought a DA from TID. I asked if I bought the G110v2, what the return policy would be. The GG was never in the equation on TID.

Lasthope05
03-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Oh!.. haha. I didnt really remember what it was all about. I just remembered it was something about a DA and returning it.

Congrats on the new polisher though! :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh!.. haha. I didnt really remember what it was all about. I just remembered it was something about a DA and returning it.

Congrats on the new polisher though! :xyxthumbs:
Thank you, sir. :xyxthumbs:

5.4 Shelby
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Cant wait to hear your comparisons. I debated on the Flex and decided to go the less expensive/lifetime guarantee route. In fact, my switch is a little sticky on my GG. I called them to ask if that were normal or not. They basically said "why bother with it"? We'll just send you another. It is on its way.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Cant wait to hear your comparisons. I debated on the Flex and decided to go the less expensive/lifetime guarantee route. In fact, my switch is a little sticky on my GG. I called them to ask if that were normal or not. They basically said "why bother with it"? We'll just send you another. It is on its way.
Can't beat the customer service of AG!!! :dblthumb2:

Other than the switch, how do you like the GG 6"?

5.4 Shelby
03-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Can't beat the customer service of AG!!! :dblthumb2:

Other than the switch, how do you like the GG 6"?
I think the switch is just an isolated problem. It actually functions well. It is just hard to turn on sometimes. You kinda have to fiddle with it.

So far I love it. Tons more power than my old PC. Weight is good. Balance is good. Feels like a good quality piece. Would like the switch on top instead of on the side.

Haven't really put it to the test yet. Hoping to get extended time with it Sunday. I got my 5in backing plate and 5.5 in pads the other day. I think that will make it even more enjoyable.

Mike Phillips
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
The GG is a very powerful DA! I

Yeperdoo...

When I first came to work here at Autogeek, everyone kept asking me what I thought of the Griot's Garage Polisher so I went out into the AG Garage and tested it and posted that out of the 3 current DA Style Polishers on the market it has the most power.

After the Roadshow Class in Texas I posted that as long as you keep the pad flat to the surface, (which is called using good technique), it function more or less like a rotary buffer except that you can stop the pad from rotating if you tilt it on edge and even then it's kind of hard to do due to the power.

Vindicated again...

It has more power than the Meguiar's G110v2 and more power than the Porter Cable 7424XP

It doesn't have the long track record the Porter Cable unit has because it's still new to the market.

:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeperdoo...

When I first came to work here at Autogeek, everyone kept asking me what I thought of the Griot's Garage Polisher so I went out into the AG Garage and tested it and posted that out of the 3 current DA Style Polishers on the market it has the most power.

After the Roadshow Class in Texas I posted that as long as you keep the pad flat to the surface, (which is called using good technique), it function more or less like a rotary buffer except that you can stop the pad from rotating if you tilt it on edge and even then it's kind of hard to do due to the power.

Vindicated again...

It has more power than the Meguiar's G110v2 and more power than the Porter Cable 7424XP

It doesn't have the long track record the Porter Cable unit has because it's still new to the market.

:xyxthumbs:
Excellent info, Mike! :buffing::righton::righton:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Mike,

Can the Griot's spin 6.5" pads with no problem? I personally think the PCXP and G110v2 execute best with 5.5" pads and smaller.

sullysdetailing
03-06-2010, 07:16 AM
You can run a 6.5'' pad but if using it on the vette use a 5.5'' pad

PS you will love the GG

kaboom10
03-06-2010, 08:13 AM
You can run a 6.5'' pad but if using it on the vette use a 5.5'' pad

PS you will love the GG

WOW am I glad I got one of there. I have a lot of older vehicles that need attention in the family. Now to wait for a little warmer weather.

Matt S.
03-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Nice purchase. I always keep some type of smaller DA (7424) on hand when using the Flex, with 4" pads for bumpers and tighter spaces that the Flex can't get into.