PDA

View Full Version : Repacking bulk product

kb2ehj
03-05-2010, 12:19 PM
So, like a lot of us have been doing, I've started purchasing some product in bulk (1 gallon containers).

One such product that I've done this with is McGuire's Hyper Dressing. Currently I'm only maintaining two vehicles. So a gallon of this stuff is going to last a life time.

Question is, would there be any benefit to repackaging this and other product into smaller bottles and work from those to help improve shelf life. (think of the 3/4 empty soda bottle goes flat real fast if not consumed)

So for example, take 1 gallon of product X and repacking it into lets say 4 - 32 oz bottles.
When I need something go to one of the 32oz bottles then when that is finished move onto the second bottle.

Yes I could buy small containers of product, but I like some of the cost savings you get with bulk purchases. It also give you enough product if somebody wants to try it.

Mark

zinc02gt
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
The onyl benefit will be the hassle of diluting and pouring each and every time because you'll have them prepared already. Other than that, spreading it out like that isn't going to make you use it any slower.

kb2ehj
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
The onyl benefit will be the hassle of diluting and pouring each and every time because you'll have them prepared already. Other than that, spreading it out like that isn't going to make you use it any slower.

I wouldn't predilute them, just poor the bulk product into the smaller containers. As needed I'd dilute into the 'working' container.

clm65
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I think you are asking about the longevity of the bulk product, not how to use it slower. In other words, "do these products go bad if exposed to air over and over?" I really can't answer this question, but I am also curious. I'm sure someone knowledgable will weigh in here.

kb2ehj
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I think you are asking about the longevity of the bulk product, not how to use it slower. In other words, "do these products go bad if exposed to air over and over?" I really can't answer this question, but I am also curious. I'm sure someone knowledgable will weigh in here.

Correct, maybe I worded it wrong. But you hit it exactly.